Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Partner in a team environment to design, develop, code, test and debug new software or significant enhancements to existing software of moderate complexity. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to moderately complex software.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develops reports and queries from multiple data warehouse database sources to assist requesting clients in decision making
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain applications software
- Adapt to new technologies, particularly those providing reporting capabilities
- Participate in walk through of designs and programs providing appropriate feedback to ensure the technical quality of an application and provide solutions to design and program issues
- Develop understanding of business processes, products, and metrics to better communicate and translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Must adhere to all development processes to ensure appropriate flow of work with onsite, remote, off-shore, and contract resources
- Provide on-call support, as needed
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 2 - 5 yrs years professional experience with Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of development languages:
- MySQL, PostGreSQL, MongoDB
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work cohesively with both on and off shore team members
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 237851
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min $56610 Salary Max $126120
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by visiting https://lumenbenefits.com.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.