The European Investment Fund (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Strategic Planning & Analysis (SP&A) Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg, several: Financial Analyst(s)
This is a generic campaign in view of both current and possible future vacancies.
The Strategic Planning and Analysis - Financial Planning team is, amongst others, in charge of performing financial analysis of EIF new products and activities, producing financial projections, monitoring the associated performance analysis and delivering management reporting with the following primary financial analysis responsibilities:
- Profitability and pricing analysis of new products and activities in line with EIF's overall strategy;
- Refining EIF's risk-return KPIs and financial sustainability metrics in the context of EIB Group's capital plan;
- Monitoring and reporting on the products portfolio's financial performance to monitor the execution of the corporate financial strategy.
- Management and development of the Financial Planning team's advanced modelling and analytical platforms.
Within this framework, the selected candidate(s) will assume responsibility for the main core activities of the Unit with a particular focus on providing financial analysis and pricing of Equity and Debt products as summarized under (i), (ii), (iii), (iv) above as well as ensuring the coordination of various projects, processes, policies, strategies and associated financial planning activities.
S/he report(s) to the Head of the Financial Planning Unit, who in turn reports to the Head of the Strategic Planning and Analysis (SP&A) Division, and works under the supervision and guidance of senior members of the team.
At a level commensurate with experience, s/he will:
- Undertake mandate/product profitability assessment using valuation tools and quantitative models, draw conclusions and make recommendations;
- Ensure close cooperation with other Services in the structuring of new mandates and products to deliver an effective analytical environment that supports a comprehensive internal financial advisory framework and well-functioning product pricing process;
- Transfer quantitative model results to monitoring dashboards using SP&A's analytical platforms (i.e. Alteryx and Tableau) and produce internal reports and analyses;
- Perform dynamic monitoring of product and mandate portfolio in terms of performance: perform analytics and reports to support EIF's senior management in its decision-making process;
- Execute horizontal and coordination tasks on matters related to corporate financial strategy, procedures and processes within SP&A's domain.
- University qualification, preferably at postgraduate level, in Finance, Financial Engineering, Applied Finance or related subject. Additional professional or academic qualifications (i.e. CFA, Ph.D.) would be considered an asset;
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience ideally in Big Four Transaction Services and/or Audit Services team, and/or Corporate Finance in the banking industry dealing with financial analysis/valuation/corporate performance management, risk management or business intelligence;
- Strong skills in quantitative modelling, projection and financial analysis methodologies are required;
- Excellent knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Excel is required;
- Accounting knowledge and relevant accreditations (ACCA, etc.) would be a considerable asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written, with strong drafting skills. Knowledge of other EU languages would be considered an asset.
In addition, any, or combination, of the following will be considered a strong advantage:
- Solid knowledge of PowerBI, Alteryx and Tableau platforms;
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, R, Matlab, SAS and/or other object-oriented programming language and/or Business Intelligence tool;
- Good understanding of EIF's mission and activities as well as its operating framework;
- General understanding and knowledge of EU Regulations regarding financial instruments;
- Good team-player with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Comfort in challenging internal customers using appropriate data and sound judgment;
- Business solutions-oriented with a capacity to innovate and adapt;
- High sense of responsibility, organization and initiative;
- Demonstrated track record of performance and achievement in a fast-paced, complex and cross-functional environment, supporting multiple stakeholders and initiatives;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to collect, synthesize and structure information.
Deadline for application: Tuesday, 19th January 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability. In this context, we particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.