Support the process of consumer and customer insight generation for Combustibles portfolio
- Oversee the analysis of total Nicotine and Combustibles market trends and consumer behaviour
- Ensure the integrity of insights and its integration in the decision-making process.
- Acts as the custodian of research and insights plan and process across, ensures effectiveness, accuracy and alignment within the Global Oracle.
- Lead research process and roll-out of research best practices in NWEA
- Share Combustibles insights: internal and external Area-wide insights information/data to assist informed decision making
Part of the NWEA Strategic Planning & Insights department, the role is expected to contribute to Area strategic decision-making process through a sound understanding of our consumers and our key markets. With a focus on combustible category, you will have to be able to analyse, structure and create meaning from research findings, extensive data sets, translating them into commercial insights or clear recommendations that can be taken forward by the business
- Own and Coordinate primary combustibles research plan and analysis, ensuring that research partners develop an appropriate, cost-effective, and high-quality work
- Provide understanding of cross category consumer behaviour among combustible and new category products, by understanding consumer journey and navigation
- Continuous analysis of combustibles consumer, customer and market trends to identify and recommend new business opportunities. Recommend concrete action plans from research insights with impact on combustibles Marketing plans to drive growth and value.
- Tracking combustibles performance for industry, BAT and key competitors across 6 key markets in the Area providing accurate, timely and precise conclusions.
- Track behaviour of consumer and customer segments, providing actionable and meaningful insights into segment definition, pricing, product development and development of brand and trade strategies.
- Engage stakeholders to ensure all relevant combustibles insights are effectively integrated into our decision-making process.
- Correct application and compliance of relevant ORACLE methodologies, systems and protocols
- Manage budget for marketing research initiatives to ensure synergy, objectivity, and prioritisation of spend
- Strong experience in Consumer research with focus on quantitative & qualitative research design and management
- A variety of skills, ideally acquired from direct experience and cultivated by relevant education; skills like critical thinking, statistics, analytic tools / software, presentation
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Passionate about data & insights, be able to use variety of research toolkits
- Solid communication and presentation skills and an appetite for design, data visualization and storytelling
- Engage and influence people at different levels of organization and from different countries
- Close cooperation with variety of research agencies (local and global)
- Project management
- Solid records management
- Experience in prioritizing tasks, managing workload and working under pressure
We are awaiting your application! If you are not sure this role is the one for you, maybe the below question will help you. Take a look on them and if that is you, do not hesitate to apply!
- Are you data friendly person and good in math/statistics?
- Are you passionate about connecting dots and storytelling?
- How well you are to employ MS Excel, Power BI tools?
- Are you comfortable to interact and work with a large variety of people, including internally in organization and externally with agencies?
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.