Goodyear. More Driven.Sustainability and Product Stewardship Analyst Intern
Company InformationGoodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. At Goodyear, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value the contribution of our associates. We strive to provide associates with a safe work environment, the resources they need to do their jobs, and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where associates can work to achieve their full potential and contribute to the company's success. For more information, go to
The Sustainability and Product Stewardship (SPS) group within Goodyear's Global Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHS&S) organization is currently looking for a part-time Sustainability and Product Stewardship Analyst intern.
Sustainability encompasses how our operations and products affect people and the environment. We partner with the functions to fulfill internal/external stakeholder expectations through various work such as monitoring of global trends, benchmarking, etc. The Global Product Stewardship team manages the chemical portfolio during new product development and production against country level regulations and customer requirements while evaluating EHS&S aspects on a global scale.
The Sustainability and Product Stewardship Analyst Intern plays a key support role in our ability to partner with the organization and fulfill our stakeholder expectations. Primary tasks will involve research of emerging sustainability and regulatory topics, benchmarking activities as well as data tool development, analysis and maintenance.
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA required
- Minimum of a Junior undergraduate standing or graduate student
- Pursuing a degree in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Materials Science or other related field. Interest in further pursuing a Master’s Degree is desired.
- Have the ability to complete a one-year internship assignment with flexible hours and scheduling to accommodate academic commitments
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive research/analytical skills (ability to read substantial reports and summarize)
- Ability to work with large sets of data and interpret trends, changes, etc.
- Time management skills (balance multiple projects) and ability to self-manage
- Problem solving skills and systems thinking
- Have a general passion for sustainability and a desire to learn how it is integrated in a corporate environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint Have an interest in working for a global company and an understanding of a corporate work environment/culture
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Seek a wide range of opportunities for growth and development
- Be fast learners who is able to keep up with the rapidly changing technological field
To ApplyIt is required that you go to campus.goodyear.com to create your candidate profile in order to be eligible for this position. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Goodyear is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to .