Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
The Audience Development Editing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that grow digital audiences in line with NBCU’s business goals in their local Owned Television Station (OTS) and managing a stable of Audience Development Editors. The ideal candidate is analytical, has strong news judgement and is a self-starter. If you love using data to learn what makes audiences tick, this role could be for you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and mentoring Audience Development Editors across markets including:
- Coaching staff to develop strategic and analytic skillsets
- Managing logistics such as time off, coverage, etc.
- Evaluating performance, setting overarching strategies with the Director of Audience Development, problem solving
- Developing social strategies to grow monetizable audiences to NBCU OTS’s properties
- Coordinating and executing campaigns to support NBCU’s tentpole events and Symphony initiatives
- Identifying trending stories on search and social, and seeding them to local markets and national editorial teams, ensuring ideal packaging from ideation to publication
- Identifying topics for evergreen search and social content and writing as necessary
- Using tools like Socialflow and Slack to streamline the social and SEO process across the division
- Working closely with your colleagues in the research department to develop A/B test, create experiments and evaluate strategies to drive consistent audience growth over time
- Working closely with other members of the audience team to ensure top of funnel growth tactics sync with engagement and retention efforts
- Creating, updating and presenting training materials for editorial teams so that they stay on top of the latest audience development trends and remain up-to-date on understanding shifts in user behavior.
- Providing regular insights to editorial teams about audiences in their market
- 7+ years of professional experience working in an editorial, audience, social or SEO-focused role in a newsroom setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism preferred or related technical discipline
- Experience coordinating teams across multiple markets in planning-related duties
- Excellent organization skills and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience building audiences
- Strong news judgement
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail and deadlines
- Proficiency with social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook)
- Experience with one data platform (i.e. Adobe Analytics)
- Familiarity in Google Trends, Socialflow and Slack
- People management experience preferred
NBCUOTS - Digital
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.