US - Billerica, MA
Be visionaryAt FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight and development of control systems for lens operations.
- Development of manufacturing automation and test software and maintaining and advancing our operations data systems.
- Design, Implement and support next generation of FLIR manufacturing software.
- Research and analysis on algorithms and performance issues.
- Support legacy software systems.
- Work closely with manufacturing and design engineers regarding specifications and performance requirements.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience.
- The candidate must have experience in software for motion control and/or automation.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Proficient in C, PHP, HTML and database queries.
- Practical experience in web frontend and backend technologies.
- College degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT-related field preferred.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.