Job AdJoin the VF Family
We are one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by all of our global associates across brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
We believe that when you discover the difference between a career and a calling, you get so much more out of life. When those lines begin to blur, you start to limit yourself much less and start aiming for more. That’s what we want for everyone who joins us at VF. And frankly, that’s what it takes to thrive here.
Here you can do the best work of your life. We are purpose led and performance driven, people-focused and supportive. Most importantly, we believe that everyone should be empowered to be their authentic self and we power an internal movement of inclusion and belonging. Our teams are built on a global mindset, sparked by sharp minds of diverse individuals and reflects the global consumers we serve.
Bring your energy and fresh perspective, contribute to our movement and build your future with us.
Distribution EngineerIn this role, you will be responsible for carrying out broad engineering assignments by performing independent evaluation, selection and application of material handling equipment and to develop standard processes and procedures.
How You Will Make a DifferenceWhat you will do:
- Oversee high automation installation and process flows for new state of the art DC in Ontario, CA.
- Develops and applies new methods for more efficient use of available equipment and searches for and evaluates new equipment and systems.
- Assist with operations management in planning for peak seasons.
- Provide oversight and solve technical problems.
- Develop and maintain cost control systems. This includes working with management to institute cost controls or cost reduction projects.
- Implement an incentive pay program and work measurement by use of accepted analytical techniques to provide adequate earnings opportunities equally to all operators once the building goes live.
How you will do it:
- Solves unusual problems jointly with their team and DC operational leadership.
What success looks like:
- DC is automated , running at optimal levels with minimal issues.
Free To Be, Inclusion & DiversityAs a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for SuccessYears of Related Professional Experience: 2+ years
Educational Position Requirements: A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have (especially in Engineering for this role!), however, we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know:
- Aptitude for systems and systematic work, exposure to high automation a plus
- Knowledge of Distribution systems (Warehouse Management Systems, Labor Management System, and Warehouse Execution Systems)
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Strong interactive skills
- Basic AutoCAD
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and email communications
- Good analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English
What we will teach you:
- Great next step in developing your career working with our world class supply chain organization!
- VF is committed to delivering innovative products and experiences to consumers. As one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies, we’re proud of our socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning geographies, product categories and distribution channels.
- You will learn about our iconic brands including Vans, Timberland, The North Face and Dickies!
VF Guiding Principles:Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s in it For YouWe’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage both mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF” to learn more.
Employee discounts on VF apparel and footwear are generous, making it easy for our employees to buy, wear and promote our products