Shadow Health, Business Development Representative - downtown Gainesville, FL.
Shadow Health is looking for a talented individual to grow with us as our next Business Development Representative.
Our healthcare simulation technology is used by nursing students at universities and colleges who are preparing for a career in the hospital/clinical setting. Our product today will impact approximately 2 billion people's lives over the next 20 years! We invest in our employees and value their growth by encouraging professional development. We operate in SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework). You are not just another employee at Shadow Health; you become part of our team. Join us!
Currently this is a home-based position. Post-Covid times, this is an office based role in our Gainesville, FL office.
Job Summary:The Business Development Representative team is responsible for top-of-funnel sales through generating appointments for our Outside Sales Representatives through database management, strategic targeting, and cold calling.The Business Development Representative is an integral member of the Sales Team supporting the Sales Representatives and Marketing Team. The role works with cross-functional teams in Shadow Health, which allows a greater understanding of all aspects of the product, teams, and goals.
- This opportunity requires cold calling and emailing universities and colleges, using web
- research, and the utilization of Salesforce.com (SFDC) automation tools.
- The Business Development Representative will work cooperatively with the outside sales team to schedule webinar demonstrations of our technology via high outbound call and email activity
- Present our technology and products professionally and accurately to prospective universities over the phone/ by email
- Generate a high volume of sales appointments via cold calling and emails
- Manage prospecting timelines, deadlines, and proactively execute on follow-up
- Educate customers about terminology, features, and benefits of our technology to eliminate common objections and expand our footprint in the market
- Set up and maintain complete and accurate customer accounts within Salesforce
- Complete ad hoc projects depending on needs of management and the team
We look for:
- Professional attitude, willingness to learn and be coached, and polished written and oral communication
- Ability to articulate with an enthusiastic, clear, compelling speaking voice
- Ability to execute scripted presentations
- Track record of success in managing a sales plan
- Ability to overcome objections, listen, and ask critical questions to determine client needs
- Proven ability to independently manage and develop client relationships with minimal supervision
- Eagerness to take on challenges, self-motivated, results-driven, positive, and professional attitude
- Strong follow-up skills and attention to detail
- High capacity to operate effectively in a startup environment
- Competitive and coachable personality; ability to work well within a supportive team
- Ability to take direction and follow company processes and procedures, work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Computer literate, ability to navigate and do research on the internet (experience with SalesForce.com and Google business suite is a plus)
- All skills, abilities, and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Representatives can think on their feet, overcome objections, and have a competitive and high energy level.
- A team player, self-starter, and goal-oriented. This role is pivotal to the success of our company by creating new business opportunities and converting new customers.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Communication or related field.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Elsevier’s benefits include:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life, Accident etc
- Retirement: 401(K) plan, including a company match and Employee Stock Purchase
- Disability: Long-term, short-term
- Work / Life balance: Volunteer programs, Tuition and Adoption Assistance
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick days as well as paid holidays
- Elsevier/Shadow Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Division Overview: At Shadow Health, a division of Elsevier, our MISSION is to become the worldwide leader in healthcare simulation, providing educators and students leading-edge technology centered on conversation-based learning across a cast of virtual patients.
We increase the effectiveness of healthcare practitioners by training them through measured improvement in practical application, patient interaction, and personal empathy, empowering them to increase the health of those they serve.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.877.734.1938.