This is AdyenWe took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Legal Counsel – RegulatoryOur fast-paced Regulatory Legal team is looking for a junior Legal Counsel with experience in the payments and/or finance industry. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, legal, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
What you'll do
- Dealing and managing relationships with Japan regulators, including the Ministry to Economy, Trade and Industry
- Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders on general legal and regulatory risks
- Maintain corporate secretarial records for Japan
- Analyse regulations, policies and guidance from regulators pertaining to the financial services industry in Japan
- Monitor regulatory developments in Japan and advise on its impact to Adyen
- Manage various regulatory requests and filings
- Draft and negotiate various Adyen agreements with partners and merchants
Who you are:
- You are legally qualified in Japan
- You are fully proficient in English and Japanese
- You have at least 3 years of post qualified experience in a regulatory role or within a global institution;
- You have some working knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry
- You will be an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth
- You will have solid inter-personal skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business
- Due to the current Covid-19 situation with closed borders and border restrictions, you must already reside in Japan.