Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job DescriptionKey Accountabilities:
- Responsible for executing technical and business projects across multiple stakeholders; developing analysis to support process and project improvements
- Researches and analyzes improvement opportunities, conducts analysis, prepares recommendations and facilitates efficiency enhancements
- Develops business requirement documents and specifications
- Works as directed by management team to research and document business issues involving workflow procedures and processes
- Analyzes data and work with management to develop creative solutions
Key Shared Accountabilities:
- Demonstrates understanding of how technology supports Manulife's strategy
- Strong detail orientation
- Awareness of full-technology stack
- Strong communicator who can negotiate effectively with business to clarify needs vs. wants/likes in order to balance business direction/requirements with cost of development and risk
- An effective facilitator for the Team to deliver incremental and iterative units of business value
- Has a natural ability to breakdown, decompose and describe business needs into Stories supporting an iterative and incremental delivery model
- Constantly learns from both success and failure
- Good organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.