The incumbent is expected to drive the development and delivery of a strategic technological/digital transformation for Chubb Overseas Programs. This individual will be accountable for supporting discovery, solution design and responsible for delivery of assigned programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with product owners and managers across claims organization in establishing delivery roadmap according to business priorities including establishment of features and product backlog; Continuously review and maintain execution priorities
- Manage program level coordination, such as cost estimation, resource planning, risk management, creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity
- Execute programs using Safe Agile Methodologies and established best practices including working with the Agile Release Train team who prioritizes the features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle
- Drive cross team, ART, and departmental dependencies & impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination.
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments.
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity.
- Ensure the overall cost, schedule, and performance of the program; Generate/report on spend trend
- Analyze program budgets and estimates from participating organizations to provide direction for the overall development of all program budgets and integrated cost profiles.
- Lead project teams to ensure best practices are followed; act as consultant/coach to the team and management in resolving unusually difficult problems.
- Work with vendors and vendor management office in establishing contracts and execution of the same in a timely manner
- 10-15 years’ experience as a program manager or release train engineer
- Proven success mentoring, communicating and coaching team members
- Insurance/Claims background a huge plus
- Experienced in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc.), planning estimation and metrics, as well as agile tools for Project Management (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
- Experience in leading or working in teams that are mixed in location, including globally across cultures and time zones preferred
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience Information Technology or Business preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail.
- Technical leadership and management ability and drive-for-results
- Track record of high achievement in a team-based and results-oriented culture
- Cloud based solutions knowledge – Plus
- Prior insurance/financial experience – Desired
- Ability to travel between company locations as needed
- Location Preference: NY and NJ
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or equivalent – REQUIRED.
- SAFe Certified Release Train Engineer certification or equivalent – REQUIRED
- Project Management Institute – PMP certification - REQUIRED.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Work LocationsWhitehouse Station - A
- Operations and Customer Service
- Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Apr 6, 2021, 5:34:36 PM>
- Apr 6, 2021, 5:34:36 PM>