About the job
Scope and AuthorityThe Project Coordinator operates under the responsibility of the Manager Project Management and has a
functional relationship with the Sales, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering and Service departments. The Project Coordinator ensures that machines and production lines are delivered, installed, tested and commissioned on time in conformity with the specifications, quality and any other conditions that have been agreed with the customer. This requires frequent consultation with the customer, internal organization and third parties.
- The Project Coordinator is the intermediary between the customer and the Sales, Sales Operations, Service, Engineering and Supply Chain departments.
- Responsible for drawing up, coordinating and guarding project plans including installation budgets.
- Guards the financial side of the process in consultation with Sales (Operations)
- Coordinating, supporting and assigning preparation, execution and debriefing activities of the specific Field Service Technicians to get the projects executed
- Monitors and supervises the whole process regarding installation, commissioning, training and follow up, starting during the quotation phase, up to and including the handover to customer and Service department.
- Organizes/coordinates the required parts or means (outside the regular order process) for the realization of a project.
- Takes care of a correct handover to the customer and Marel Service department
- Takes care of a project evaluation after the realization of the project.
- Capable of seeing a project through and setting the right priorities over different projects to enable a smooth course of all active projects
- Minimal travel (< 10%) may be required
Skills and Abilities
- Strong feeling of (project) ownership and engagement
- Dedicated and motivated
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical, creative and commercial minded
- Customer oriented
- Able to think creatively in order to create solutions to meet the customers’ requirements
- Able to learn, teach, and understand technological and technical processes
- Able to work within a very demanding, fast moving environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Efficient time management and multitasking
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time
- Must be a team player
- Commercial Savvy
- Computer literate in, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with diverse groups
- Must possess excellent presentation and public speaking skills
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Higher Vocational Training (electro or mechanical engineering)
- 3-7 years of experience in a similar position focused on projects
- Ability to handle stressful situations with tact and professionalism
- Up-to-date engineering knowledge (reading technical drawings, advisory role towards customers)
- Financial skills to make pre- and post-calculations of projects
- Experience with and comfort working in a multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
Marel valuesSupport the company’s vision of transforming the way of food processing in partnership with the customers. Marel’s vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Exhibit Marel’s core values of Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Marel Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. For more information, for the “EEO is the Law” poster and for the poster supplement.
Marel Inc. will not discharge, or otherwise discriminate against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. An exception exists where the employee or applicant makes the disclosure based on information obtained in the course of performing his or her essential job
functions. For more information, .
To learn more about what it is like to work at Marel,
A career at Marel is open to everyone with a passion for great food, good service and good times. Whether you want to be a cook, a server or work behind the scenes, America’s diner is always open to take your application. Our many great management opportunities allow individuals with strong leadership quality, good communication and people skills, and with a desire to succeed through hard work a chance at a rewarding career! We employ valuable community members and we offer our neighborhood customers friendly, attentive service.
At Marel, we love to feed people.to find out why.