Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job DescriptionIT Business Analyst – Delivery Services
Hong KongThe Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering IT Business Analyst with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife HK is seeking a self-motivated IT Business Analyst, who is obsessed with delivering value, is forward-thinking, and improves business analysis process.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
We are looking for someone with:
- Review and analyze requests from various departments and value streams
- Produce user requirement documents and specifications, and mock-ups for proposed solutions
- Build consensus and facilitate discussion with related stakeholders, business partners and IT development teams
- Participate in project planning from project initiation to closure and responsible for tracking requirement and testing progress
- Act as an internal business system area expert and champion
- Provide quality system training to business users
- Define test strategy, construct test plan and manage testing team on test execution to ensure the end product meets the business objectives
- Own, investigate and resolve system and project issues
- Plan and develop various reports to meet different business/regulatory needs, perform data analysis and integrity check
On the job you will:
- Thorough understanding of individual insurance products, operations and processes
- Experience in life insurance policy admin system enhancement
- Well organized and attentive to details, flexible with working hours
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, and disciplined with project scheduling
- Self initiated and have a strong drive to learn
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel and good understanding of SQL
- Able to clearly articulate business processes and ideas verbally and in written English
- Experience and knowledge in complicate testing execution and support
- Minimum 5 years' work experience with insurance
Our commitment to you
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.