Innovation is imagining what’s NEXT when no one else can. Shaping your future starts here, as we believe our Gen>NEXT students are the future leaders of BMW. Our vision is to secure BMW Manufacturing’s excellence by attracting the best of the best. We believe in creating a hands-on environment where you can directly impact the future of mobility. You will be guided and mentored throughout inspiring tasks and projects. As one of our Gen>NEXT students, you will be part of the team from day one and encouraged to add new ideas and value to the business.
This is a co-op position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st: spring, 2nd: fall, 3rd: summer)
This position will work with the agile master/team leads and product owners on both the IT and business side to translate business requirements into tangible user stories.
The qualified co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the in the following functions:
- Support the team in areas such as:
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Update and track tasks with tools such as jira and confluence.
- Business Requirement Gathering and Definition.
- Business Requirement Analysis of Potential AI Plant Use Cases (Artificial Intelligence).
- Use Case Status Report Building.
- Use Case Status Report Analysis.
- Business or Communications or Information Systems or similar degree.
- Strong written communication skills required.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Strong critical thinking skills required.
- Background in one or more of the following fields of study preferred: project management, business analysis, business administration, management information systems, communications.
- Experience in taking requirements from end users and translating them into deliverables.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite required.
- Experience with project management software (e.g. MS Project, Jira, Trello, Omniplan) is a plus.
- Experience with visualization software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) is a plus.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Able to complete 3 alternating work terms for Co-op positions.
- Able to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE 8/16/2021 to 12/17/2021 .
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.