Honda Trading America Corp.
What Makes Honda The Best?Are you an innovator? Honda’s core values are what make our company unique.
- Dreams: The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people’s lives.
- Joy and Passion: The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
- Challenging Spirit: Honda’s challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
- Respect for the individual: This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda’s, we want you to join our team!
About this position:Located in Marysville, Ohio, Honda Trading America is searching for an Administrative Assistant for the Steel Department. The Administrative Assistant provides competent support of assigned buyer/account representative activity. The provide customer service to assigned account base in the purchase of steel related raw materials. They invoice customers for products sold and determine GP impact of sale including deviation management.
- Support Sales Account Representative activities, assisting with expediting, customer supply issues, and project support.
- Support customer order and expedite requests. Update customer requirements, input orders into MRP system, and generate weekly expedites
- Create monthly sales and purchase orders to allow for accurate and timely invoicing. Provide explanations for profit margins that are abnormal, and back up all invoices with written detail
- Process material claims in a timely manner, processing claims and rejections, ensuring a timely follow up by mill tech reps
- Control and maintain inventory through effective communication of inventory, transformation, and cost issues. Work with counterpart in the Inventory Management Team to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Enhance efficiency of daily operating procedures by analyzing current procedures for gaps and deficiencies.
- Maintain filing system by keeping invoices filed and archived according to department procedures
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of cost accounting
Required Work Experience:
- Experience with financial analysis
- Customer service related experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive total compensation
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Paid time off and paid holidays