Product Solutions Architect - VMware Cloud - Opportunity for Working RemotelyPrimary Location: Seattle,Washington
Additional Location(s): Save this jobRemove Saved Job
The VMware Cloud on AWS Product Management team leads the vision, business priorities, and product roadmap for VMware’s flagship enterprise hybrid cloud offering delivered as-a-service. We work closely with Customers, Partners, Engineering, SRE, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing teams – to create meaningful value for our users and help them achieve their digital transformation goals.
As a VMC Product Solution Architect
- you’ll own the technical engagement from Product, for all design and architecture discussions, best practices on deploying VMC on AWS at scale, and you will also work cross-functionally to unblock customers from any escalations.
This role also requires an ability to work effectively with Engineering, SRE, and Customer Success teams. A key part of the role is to work with senior executive leadership of our top customers.
As our service continues to expand with large deployments, this is a critical role to ensure our service is always exceeding SLA goal, as well as the individual goals of our top customers.
We like to move fast and look for willingness to do what it takes to help grow the business while maintaining customer trust and make those tough tradeoffs to keep up in a high intensity environment. We are changing the face of the infrastructure industry with our unique hybrid cloud solution.
- Ability to engage with customers at the senior executive level.
- Engage directly and develop deep relationship with key customers to understand technical, deployment, and operational challenges.
- Be the voice of the customer, share product feedback and gaps, internally with Product and Engineering teams to remove key blockers and accelerate adoption in making our customers successful with VMware Cloud on AWS
- Translate insights from customer engagements, and work closely with Product Management/Engineering to clearly define the usecases and prioritize feature requests and roadmap to align with customer deployments.
- Document best practices for deploying, configuring and managing VMware Cloud on AWS, and integration with other VMware and Partner solutions.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills to drive alignment with customers and internal teams.
- Background in Product Management, Technical Marketing, Solution Architecture
- Demonstrated experience in translating complex architectural challenges to internally/externally consumable assets (Blogs, Whitepapers)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges with Large Scale Enterprise customers.
- Deep understanding of the Data Center technologies such as: Compute, Storage, Networking, Virtualization.
- Deep understanding of monitoring, logging, infrastructure automation, and ability to work effectively with SRE and Operations team
- Working knowledge of VMWare management suite(Network Insights, vROPS,vRA) is a big plus
- Experience with AWS and other Public Cloud providers is a plus.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.