A career in our Customer Pricing and Profitability practice, within Customer Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients design customer strategies that address the customers’ underlying needs and desired outcomes. We help build bridges between digital and analog mediums, delivering personal and contextual experiences powered by technology and analytics, and driving the total experience by engaging the customer, product, partner, and employee experiences. Our team helps clients build pricing strategies and capabilities that respond to the marketplace and support profitable growth. In joining, you’ll help with pricing and revenue model strategy, customer portfolio profitability and optimisation, and trade promotions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates proven extensive subject matter knowledge in many of the following areas including:
- Pricing strategy/structure/model development;
- pricing technologies and how they effect the overall pricing strategy;
- Pricing and profitability modeling;
- Pricing analytics;
- Pricing setting and optimization (including price elasticity);
- Pricing process/management improvement/redesign;
- Pricing organizational and governance design;
- Market segmentation;
- Portfolio optimization/rationalization;
- Discount and promotion management;
- Value based pricing;
- Psychological based pricing (e.g., behavioral economics);
- New Product Pricing and External Pricing Research; or,
- Lifecycle Pricing Management.
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and record of success managing pricing and profitability efforts to identify and address client needs: communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements; preparing and coordinating complex written and verbal materials; managing project workflows and budgets.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and proven success building and sustaining client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify potential new pricing opportunities.
Demonstrates successful interactions with senior management in client organizations, especially within Pricing. Prior experience in a consulting role within a managerial capacity.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success managing a team around efforts with identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing, collection; and, preparing or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Demonstrates extensive management abilities as a leader of a project team that include the following:
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management; and reviewing the work of team members;
- Leveraging pricing knowledge and analytical skills, especially as it relates to project management, project facilitation, and the development of client proposals;
- Researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters, including leveraging the ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously for self and others;
- Demonstrating self-motivation and responsibility for personal growth and development while mentoring junior members of the team;
- Utilizing extensive analytical skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simple and actionable tasks;
- Drafting and presenting PowerPoint presentation decks.