Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job DescriptionAs expectations for the Customer Experience continue to grow, our business is focused on creating an experience that is effortless, easy and meaningful to our clients. With attention to detail and strong product and customer service skills, our business area is driven to provide solid financial management to clients who entrust us with their financial stability… and the ability to retire with dignity.
Our Digitization and Automation Team is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, team-oriented Business Analyst who has a passion for solving problems, gathering requirements and finding creative solutions while always having the customer at the forefront of their thinking. This role will focus on automation activities, working closely with developers in the creation of various solutions including software robots, internal websites and other platforms. Applicants require background and experience in analytical roles, a proven ability to work closely with various stakeholders, and a strong desire to learn what is needed to properly support the business.
Does this sound like you?
- Strong requirements gathering skills
- Passion for learning
- A drive to make things more efficient and effective
- Enthusiastic, positive, collaborative team player
- Technology savvy
- Resiliency to ambiguity
- Fantastic communication skills
- Get it done attitude
Still Interested? Here’s what you’ll be doing on our Agile Scrum team…
- Gathering requirements for automation initiatives including process mapping and writing user stories
- Creating UAT strategies and test plans, sometimes executing them and at other times facilitating their execution
- Initiating, leading and supporting automation work
- Working directly with software developers, building and enhancing web applications, software robots and other automation platforms
- Identifying risks and mitigation strategies
- Building solutions with best practices in mind (scalable solutions with solid architecture using best demonstrated practices, following Manulife’s standards)
- Collaborating with the team to offer leadership, initiative and support for team improvements
What you bring to the table
- You love seeing your team and members of your team succeed—and if you helped them, it’s all the more rewarding, even if you don’t get all the credit!
- You love driving progress forward – even when there is still a lot to figure out.
- You never lose sight of the customer - their needs and their experience in doing business with us.
- You are a champion and supporter for organizational change within the role, the team and our Business Area
- You infect your team (and team mates) with your good humour and passion for your role!
- You bring solid financial & investment knowledge to the table
- Agile is a mindset and way of working that you are passionate about
- Not knowing does not reduce your effectiveness, it just means always asking the right questions
- You have a strong ability to anticipate customer and stakeholder needs, and enjoy the challenge of working with ambiguous expectations
- You are not afraid of making decisions, and have a natural ability to understand and manage risk
- Adapting to change is something you look forward to
- Knowledge of the group retirement business
- Experience with SQL
- Working knowledge of the Canadian and/or US Retirement record keeping systems
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.