VN219Full-Time£35,000 - £45,000Sykes Cottages are now seeking our newest Business Analyst to join our passionate and collaborative Product department at our Chester head office.
Working as part of a multi-skilled team made up of designers, developers, product owners, researchers and analysts; our Product Team are responsible for optimising the company online browsing experience for Property Owners and Customers, ensuring that they have the best experience possible and achieve the maximum conversion from web session to enquiry/ booking. This will involve developing the site for web and mobile usage, ensuring consistency of brand and content.
Our Product Team has been the focal point for a significant amount of time, focus and investment in recent years, with Sykes Cottages recognising the sheer importance of development in this area and its effect on our business success.
As our newest Business Analyst, you will have the following key skills:
- Experience of delivering process improvement using methodologies such as LEAN and Six Sigma.
- Improvement focussed within an Agile environment.
- Ability to facilitate and co-ordinate workshops for process mapping, problem solving and gathering business/user requirements.
- Proficiency in using mapping software.
- Confident communicator at all levels of the business.
- Cost benefit analysis.
- Understanding of databases, networks, and technology.
- Understanding of A/B testing.
- Commercial business awareness/ experience and an understanding of the potential -commercial impact of decisions and website adjustments.
- Experience of working on large projects
- Experience of working within different business areas such as Product, Tech, Commercial, Operations.Our latest Business Analyst will report directly to our Head of Product and will be accountable for the following areas:
- Lead on process improvement programmes using methodologies such as LEAN and Six Sigma to deliver processes that are defined, mapped, analysed, improved, and controlled.
- Gather business/user requirement’s, documenting and communicating them appropriately.
- Facilitate problem solving and form problem statements to engage stakeholders with possible solutions etc.
- Support the product owners and teams in shaping the MVP
- Be responsible for the initial engagement with stakeholders regarding problem/improvements.
- Be engaged throughout the entirety of initiative/project.
- Be responsible for high level reporting for on-going initiatives.
- Be responsible for the measuring and validation benefits of improvements/new processes and consequent reporting of benefits.
- Assist/write business case for initiatives
- Be responsible or assist in project detailing.
- Document business requirements.
- Decision Making
- Suggest initial priority level of improvement/initiative.
- Explore the impact of a decision i.e. risk.
- Have a voice when it comes to deciding what the MVP will be.
- Provide guidance (i.e. educate on processes or providing clarity on a certain issue).
- Lead on initiatives that are related to business analysis, should such opportunities arise.
- Share knowledge and solutions for the benefit of the team
- Contribute and work collaboratively with other staff members and project stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Contribute to process improvement wherever possible
- Take pride in owning the work delivered, anticipating potential issues wherever possible and being solution driven
- Participate in planning and review meetings
- Effectively manage own time, resources and journey plans to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity
- Role models values, philosophy and business goals and objectives
- Constantly seeks out opportunities for self-development
- Remains coachable at all times
Please note: The working hours for this position will be 37.5 per week to be worked Monday - Friday. Hybrid-working is available with this position, allowing a mix of remote and office available subject to a discussion