VN234Full-Timeup to £25,000 DOEDue to a surge in the the UK staycation industry, Sykes Cottages are seeking an experienced, driven Sales Team Manager to join our fast-paced Operations team at our Chester HQ!
At Sykes Cottages, we have experienced a significant increase in bookings for the next year due to a boom within the UK Travel Industry and are therefore expanding our Operations team to meet this busy time with the best and brightest local talent.
The role of Sales Team Manager involves motivating, developing and driving a team of Travel Experts to deliver the highest levels of sales conversion, call quality and customer service to our customers. This role is also responsible for managing and delivering the highest performance of shifts within the Reservations Department.
This role leads and motivates a team of people to succeed and experience in people management is essential for the role. The role involves ensuring that your direct team along with the entire Reservations department are consistently driven to succeed, to ensure that the department exceed their targets, deliver outstanding customer service, exceptional quality and are a results driven environment.
The Sales Team Manager must have credible knowledge of managing people, driving change, have a proven track record in improving results alongside delivering outstanding customer service and quality.
The role of Sales Team Manager will be crucial in driving our departmental success and so the ideal candidate will have the following key skills:
- Previous Sales Team Management
- Proven track record in Coaching and Training in a sales environment
- Experience in driving results and achieving sales targets
- Change management
- Proven track record in motivating a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to recognise problems and areas for improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of HR policies, practices and proceduresAs our newest Sales Team Manager you will be reporting directly to our Head of Sales, within a team of like-minded, driven Team Managers responsible for the following area's of accountability:
- Accountability for team performance, including coaching and development of team members individual performances.
- Ensure that shifts are suitably covered
- Understand all organisation’s products, services, procedures, guidelines
- Conduct regular reviews of Agents performance and manage under performance
- Feedback to relevant department on improvements based on staff/customer feedback
- Ensure a safe and harmonious working environment
- Motivate and support team members
- Mentor teams
- Drive performance improvements
- To work alongside the Senior Management team within the Operations Department of Sykes Cottages to deliver outstanding results, to positively drive change, to motivate and inspire team members
- To create an environment oriented to trust, open communication , creative thinking and a collaborative approach
- A flexible approach to the role is required and the ability to move around the business should this be required
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job.
Your Key Performance Indicators will be the following:
- Meet and exceed conversion performance for the Call Centre in line with month goals set and agreed
- Ensure all service levels are met and exceeded at all times – SLA’s will be set and agreed monthly
- Team performance is managed in line with Company guidelines – to include performance management, staff retention
- Attendance is managed in line with Company guidelines
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team
Working hours will be on a shift basis working 37.5 hours per week between 9am and 9pm over a 7-day week including weekends. Whilst we are offering Hybrid working across our teams, due to the nature of this position, we will require applicants to travel to our Chester head office however a mix of remote and office working is available.