Machine Learning Engineer - ( 2109125 )
DescriptionWe are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment-powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Machine Learning Engineer
- location can be remote or Colorado
Working closely with a small team of experts, we have a unique opportunity for you to play a leading role in migrating machine learning based solutions from R&D to product-level operational delivery.
Learn more about what we do here: https://www.pearsonassessments.com/large-scale-assessments/k-12-large-scale-assessments/automated-scoring.html
What you'll do:
- Use machine learning techniques to develop scalable solutions for scoring written responses to essay and short answer questions
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes to develop, validate, implement, and monitor machine learning models
- Work with other software and data engineers to produce high quality production code.
The team at Pearson offers a unique environment for extremely skilled and motivated thinkers. Our culture is highly charged with people who are passionate about a cause, using technology to enhance students’ educational experiences. Our team has been building machine learning solutions for educational markets for over two decades.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $100-130k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/ Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- BS or MS in a quantitative field (CS, EE statistics, math, data science)
- At least 2 years professional experience as a software engineer or data scientist
- Experience in natural language processing (NLP)
- Strong coding & analytics skills including proficiency in python and Linux
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with colleagues of varying technical and non-technical abilities
- Passionate about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and systematic experimentation
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Job : Technology
Organization : Assessments School
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jun 25, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2109125