We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
Job DescriptionWhat You’ll Be Doing
The Business Analyst, Capital Markets Operations is accountable for reconciling US market trades, related to Broadridge vs. Depository activity. The incumbent will be identifying and submitting for correction all Trade Date, td + 1, td +2 and any breaks that flow to our NSCC (National Securities Clearing Corporation) CNS (Continuous Net Settlement) account after settlement to both the Traders and Trade Input/CxlRebill. The incumbent will complete a daily Excel spreadsheet Break Report tracking and updating all open items. The incumbent will proactively analyze and recommend enhancements to the existing business processes and clearly communicate rationale and negotiate solutions which will enhance operational effectiveness. Ensure that all assigned initiatives are implemented in an effective manner within area of responsibility. Participate in meetings to answer questions as the Subject Matter Expert.
How You’ll Succeed
- Relationship Building: Required to respond to trader’s inquires and requests, providing professional high-quality service. You will liaise and interact with external clients (Brokers) as part of the daily management of your portfolio.
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational, operational or process problems. Identifies and documents specific problems and resolution alternatives.
- Operational Functions: Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements. Seeks efficiencies in operational functions wherever possible.
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors, tools and techniques. Communicates well downward, upward, and outward.
Who You Are?
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Job Location Toronto-22 Front St., 3rd
Employment Type Regular
Weekly Hours 37.5