Machine Learning EngineerLocation New York, New York
Save Job ID R116956Updated date 07/16/2021
Recruiting: NY - New York, United States of America, New York, New YorkMachine Learning Engineer
As a Capital One Machine Learning Engineer, you’ll be part of an Agile team dedicated toproductionizing machine learning applications and systems at scale. You’ll participate in thedetailed technical design, development, and implementation of machine learning applicationsusing existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you’llfocus on machine learning architectural design, develop and review model and application code,and ensure high availability and performance of our machine learning applications. You’ll havethe opportunity to continuously learn and apply the latest innovations and best practices inmachine learning engineering to keep Capital One at the cutting edge of technology.
We are seeking Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a , you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about and our commitment to by jumping to on our Corporate Social Responsibility Report. This requisition is an advertisement for multiple opportunities within our Tech organization. By applying to this particular role, you’ll also be considered for .
What you’ll do in the role:
- Deliver ML software models and components that solve real-world business problems, while working in collaboration with the Product and Data Science teams.
- Solve complex problems by writing and testing application code, developing and validating ML models, and automating tests and deployment.
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software that enables state-of-the-art, next generation big data and machine learning applications.
- Leverage cloud-based architectures and technologies to deliver optimized ML models atscale.
- Construct optimized data pipelines to feed ML models.
- Use programming languages like Python, Scala, or Java.
- Leverage continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices, includingtest automation and monitoring, to ensure successful deployment of ML models andapplication code.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1 year of experience designing and building data-intensive solutions using distributed computing.
- At least 1 year of experience programming with Python, Scala, or Java.
- At least 1 year of Machine Learning experience with an industry recognized ML framework (scikit-learn, PyTorch, Dask, Spark, or TensorFlow).
- Experience developing and deploying ML solutions in a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or a similar field.
- At least 1 year of experience working with large code bases in a team environment.
- At least 1 year of experience with distributed file systems or multi-node database paradigms.
- Contributed to open source ML software.
- At least 1 year of experience building production-ready data pipelines that feed ML models.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We AreAt Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good. To Search Results