OUR BRANDAre you someone who views the world through summer-tinted lenses? Can you seamlessly slip into the teenage-summer-break version of yourself? Are you picturing your old Facebook statuses right now? We know you’re probably cringing….old Facebook statuses will do that to you.
We’re looking for people who are invested in the teen mindset, who get Gen Z and who want to empower teens to be their most confident, comfortable and capable selves. We’re more than a clothing brand, we’re a platform for amplifying teen stories. We believe in living like it’s summer all year long, because to us, summer isn’t a season. It’s a state of mind.
In this role, the Assistant Designer works within the Creative Marketing team on concepting and designing brand campaigns and collateral based on Hollister seasonal marketing initiatives. This opportunity is focused on creating digital visual executions across all marketing channels based on established style guides and art direction provided by creative leads. You’ll collaborate closely with Creative Directors, Digital Strategists, Online Merchants, and Brand Marketing teams to create innovative and on-brand creative for the global Abercrombie brand. The best candidates recognize the value of a connected brand experience, from desktop to mobile to stores, and have a passion for solving problems, influencing in a cross-functional context, and delivering exceptional design.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with the Creative Marketing team to concept and implement a cohesive visual style for seasonal brand marketing campaigns
- Partnering with design leads, digital strategists and merchants to visualize and execute design solutions across all brand touchpoints
- Collaborating with imagery and copy teammates to elevate the visual storytelling around trend and lifestyle stories for product campaigns
- Maintaining consistent on-brand creative standards using a brand style guide
- Managing design workflow and deadlines within a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Contributing to seasonal and campaign kick-off presentations with department and company leadership
- Utilizing a strong sense of team-orientated, positive, proactive and project driving skills on a daily basis
- Maintain consistent on-brand creative within a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Have strong communication skills to help connect the design team cross-functionally and promote a 360 Marketing approach
- Drive innovation through experimentation and existing production techniques
- Ability to present to a larger group while providing clear recaps and takeaways to creative leads
- Bring a strong sense of team-orientated, positive, proactive and project driving skills to the role on a daily basis
- Follow a development timeline to ensure designs are being produced on time
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related field required
- 1+ years of Design experience within a high-paced cross-functional creative environment
- Proficiency in a variety of rapid prototyping and design tools – Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Strong design and conceptual skills with a good understanding of typography and layout for mobile media
- Experience communicating and collaborating within a creative marketing team
- Proficiency in a variety of rapid prototyping and design tools – Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and XHTML
- Experience with motion graphics and Adobe After Effects a plus
- Strong design layout skills with a heavy focus on typography
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated, highly adaptable and have a strong ability to embrace change
OUR COMPANYAbercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.