Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Everyone has their own unique happy place. Like laying in a field of daisies on a pile of puppies while [insert your celebrity crush here] feeds you grapes off a charcuterie board, or parallel parking in front of a crowded outdoor restaurant on a busy street as the diners inexplicably cheer on your seamlessly executed three-point turn. (Turns out, one narcissist’s happy place is another person’s hell.) At Gilly Hicks, we’re equal opportunity enjoyers, here to help you find your happy place (no matter how wtf-inducing).
Our Design team is the driving force behind our brand’s commitment to beautiful, authentic designs and quality materials and construction. Designers manage the full design and development process; from concept to flat sketch, from initial sample to final garment. We value originality and creativity and seek to be leaders in the market, not followers. Our designers are fueled by curiosity, inspiring the total team to push the product to new levels. We’ve created a unique environment that fosters both ownership and collaboration across design teams working toward the cohesive vision of our brands.
What will you be doing?
- Driving the daily design process including: trend research and mood board creation, sketching in Illustrator, fabric and trim selection and development, fitting and approving final garments.
- Managing multiple seasons and product lifecycles for your given category
- Researching the global market to ensure that the product is in tune with emerging trends and relevant to our customer and brand voice
- Clearly presenting the line to senior leadership, providing insight on style and fit and getting the team on board with ideas
- Traveling domestically to research trends and find inspiration, bring them back to the office and assort into your line
- Leading, managing and coaching a small team of designers
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Creative Field
- 6+ years of hands-on intimates or related apparel design experience
- Mastery of design programs including PLM, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Desire to own the full design process with autonomy
- Willingness to really dig into what’s happening globally in the market to find what’s new & next
- An acute eye for style and color and thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, and construction
- A fearless attitude – don’t be afraid to take a risk!
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand
- Desire to learn & hunger for more!