Why We Work at Dun & BradstreetWe are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
As a Software Engineer I with Dun & Bradstreet, you will be responsible for developing automation capabilities for Big data application systems. You’ll be working in a stimulating, collaborative environment focused on continuous improvement within an agile development process, where engineers are responsible to deliver automated solutions, thereby enabling the software engineering team(s) to deliver products at a faster pace.
We’re looking for someone who has software engineering skills and a proven track record of delivering creative, high-quality solutions. You’re able to prioritize well, communicate clearly and bring an analytic approach to producing innovative solutions.
If you’re passionate about software engineering, excited by the possibilities of technology to transform industries and grow relationships and inspired by the power of data to drive insight and smarter decision-making, we want to talk to you!
- Develop automated solutions for platform capabilities, under general guidance, to meet Software engineering requirements.
- Validate automated solutions using proof of concepts & prototypes.
- Write simple code (low maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance)
- Collaborate with the team to take advantage of new concepts/technologies
- Developing Professional with working knowledge of company product and applies judgement within defined procedures and practices
- Requires authoritative knowledge of specialized methods acquired on the job or through professional qualifications.
- Proven experience working on large-scale, distributed systems using frameworks (Hadoop, Spark and/or EMR desirable)
- Expertise in any programming / scripting languages, preferably, Java or Python, Bash & Groovy scripting.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Proven experience delivering solutions on AWS utilizing a broad set of the services available
- Practical experience in automated testing frameworks & Jenkins CI/CD
- Documented experience in providing automation solutions for engineering teams highly advantageous
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in software engineering required
All employees and contractors working in D&B should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company’s Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your requestto TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determinationon requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.