Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Salary Min: $42.91 Hourly
Temp Duration: Approximately 1 year
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
The Business Analyst is accountable for the elicitation/documentation of requirements, analyzing and improving business and system processes. The position is responsible for system design, developing and maintaining functional, integration/regression test plans; and identifying issues or enhancements that focus on the improved efficiency and success of the business.
Performs all of the duties of a Business Analyst 1 and 2 plus the following:
- Perform a wide range of complex technical and statistics functions. This includes risk evaluation of various alternatives and interpreting result of the analysis.
- Technical lead on medium-large sized projects, such as hardware or software upgrades, including the development of business cases and project charters, and the evaluation of Requests for Proposal. Able to estimate the effort, set priorities, breakdown tasks, delegation and meet agreed upon milestones and customer expectations.
- Manages capacity planning and resources when acting as Business lead of medium to large projects, and supports with testing and documentation as needed.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to other business analysts and serves as a functional expert to share technical knowledge and training to team.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Technical diploma in computer engineering, computer science or related field from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 6 years of directly related work experience.
- CBAP certification an asset.
- Demonstrated advanced understand of requirements elicitation, use case development and design review.
- Advanced knowledge of business specification documents, business cases, proof-of-concepts, data flow diagrams, workflow process models, as-is and to-be models and industry best practices.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking skills in the problem resolution process.
- Excellent knowledge of project management, workflow analysis, and system development life cycle.
- Understanding in the following: Customer relationship Management tools, field tools, bill design software.
- Understanding of the Business Analyst Body of Knowledge (BABOK), change control and auditing standards.
- Experience with FortisBC applications such as SharePoint, SAP, CRM, Customer Information Systems (CIS), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Mobile Workforce Management (MWFM) and Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI).
- Advanced proficiency with computer systems and related programs including Microsoft Office, Access, SharePoint, and Visio.
- Superior written and oral communications, negotiation, and presentation skills; including the ability to write comprehensive technical documentation, present analyses and recommendations for management consideration, and ability to train, coach and influence others.
- Superior understanding in managing functional business analysis on medium to large sized projects and knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills, including ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to cope with diversity and complexity in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent leadership competency to lead, motivate and coach teams on best practices, systems, policies, procedures, and core processes.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees work remotely and some in office. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.