Who are we, and what can we offer you?
Located right on the water in Nordhavn (just steps from the metro) and covered in solar panels, Copenhagen International School is a custom built, state-of-the-art facility providing a fantastic learning center for 900 students and nearly 200 staff from over 80 countries.Founded in 1963, we have the mission to educate champions of a just and sustainable world by providing world-class international education to students from pre-K through high school.
We pride ourselves on providing a fantastic learning environment that builds community with our families and our employees. To help us with that, we are looking for interns who are innovative and passionate about supporting the future through education, and who want to join various leaders of the school on a series of impactful projects and tasks. We are willing to customize the position to support the right learning and development for you and your future career ambitions.
We promise to provide an opportunity to develop your professional skills, from project management to communication, in a professional educational environment - we are not your typical “folkeskole”! You will receive on-the-job training from appropriate members of the leadership/tactical team, as well as coaching and mentoring from the Head of People & Culture.
So if you’re interested in getting real responsibility and a dynamic environment to learn and create, and if you have a positive, curious mindset and are able to see opportunities others might not, we look forward to hearing from you.
What are we looking for in an intern?
In this role, we are seeking a person with a flair for design and a mind for sustainability. It’s a plus if you are passionate about education and providing the best learning environment for children. Your tasks will include:
- Revise / develop a vision for the various learning environments outside the classrooms in order to be more sustainable aka “green”, e.g., playgrounds, common areas, greenhouse, while still focusing on ensuring they are engaging and child-centered
- Work with appropriate teams to determine the desired and optimum set up for the various spaces
- Determine the budget needed for the requested upgrades
- Work with the Primary Principal to determine feasibility of the requests
- Develop a plan of action and begin implementation on approved requests
- As a design specialist, you might have other ideas of how to contribute to sustainability, which we would welcome - from idea to analysis to execution.
- This is expected to be a full time, fixed-term position, but with full flexibility to accommodate your school commitments. The start date can also be negotiated but it should be in the 2021-22 school year.
- As it is an academic internship, this position is suitable for students currently studying for a Bachelor or Master's degree in Denmark, and aside from a small monthly stipend, it is unpaid.
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience (or interest) in collaborating with people from a variety of different cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with various stakeholders
- Willingness to work hard to turn ideas into a reality
- A go-getter who enjoys coming up with new ideas and seeing them through
- We aren’t seeking a specific educational background; instead we trust that if you find the role interesting and relevant to help build your own skills for your academic studies and future career, then you might be the right person and we therefore encourage you to apply.
We strive to create a win-win opportunity for the right candidate, where we help provide a great working experience for you to develop yourself, and where you have the chance to contribute in a very hands-on way to our school.
We are also seeking an IT Optimization Intern, Event Management & Communications Intern, and a People & Culture (HR) Intern - these are posted separately.
Ready to apply?
Please send your CV to Stephanie Lynge, Head of People & Culture (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 25th of October, along with a cover letter letting us know why you are applying. Applications will be reviewed continuously so we reserve the right to close the recruitment process early if we find the right person.
Consider sharing the following with us in your cover letter:
- What unique or special talent do you have that you would like us to know about you?
- What particular area do you wish to develop in yourself via an internship?