The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
- You just graduated with a Bachelor/Masters degree from university with focus on IT?
- You are obsessed with technology?
- You already gained first experience in project management and IT?
- You want to support our customers in high impacting projects to drive their digital transformation?
- You enjoy working with multi-cultural and international companies and colleagues?
If you are answering these questions with yes, we are happy to receive your application as Graduate Project Manager and looking forward to welcoming you as part of our EMEA wide new Talent Program - VMware Academy! You will be part of our VMware family and community which will be helping you to solve challenges as a team. As a graduate you have the best possibilities to develop your professional career by receiving trainings, support and mentorship as well as taking own responsibilities. Start being a part of the digital transformation by applying VMware Technology as a force for good today!
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
You will start in our 6-Week Academy Program and become a part in our big VMware family by getting to know our EPIC2 Values, join unique leadership sessions, identify yourself with our vision and start building your professional network with your peers.
Afterwards you will transfer into your role as a Graduate Project Manager and move on in the role-based training. Enjoying a mixture of high-class technical product trainings and hands-on experiences being connected to your team and communities constantly.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a project manager in Professional Services you are responsible for delivering projects successfully. Size and duration of our projects vary from single day engagements of a single consultant to projects lasting several years being delivered by a large team. As a graduate project manager you will be starting to lead small engagements with the help of experienced colleagues and develop your skills to delivery bigger projects. We are supporting this development with various trainings, communities and direct mentorship to bring you on-track.
You should bring some of the following skills with you:
- Flexible mindset to deliver agile and traditional projects.
- Great organizational skills
- Strong communication and moderation skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Setup a project culture
- Be able to work in a team delivering projects successfully
- Speaking and writing German and English fluently
Within the role of a project manager you are responsible for:
- Ensuring various customer projects are delivered on time, quality and budget.
- Staffing of project to create highly specialized teams
- Project and resource planning, communication channels, budget plans and project overall success
- Mapping of business requirements to technical solutions
- Lead your project team successfully
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be part of a diverse team within our Professional Services Organization. Our teams are built with experts of different products and different seniority level. Your direct leadership is committed to support your development and career growth within VMware. Your personal and role-based development is also supported by an assigned mentor who will help you to growth.
Where is this role located?
The location of this role is flexible within Germany. Being located in the area of Munich is a plus but not required. Work will be done from an office some days during a week and other days from a non-VMware building (home office, customer’s site).
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Flexible working times and locations
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Medical coverage, retirement, and parental leave plans for all family types
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.