Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
GEODS provides integration, design, development, and sustainment for ODS services.This includes planning and scheduling; system integration; software development, integration, and test; software release planning and deployment; operations and sustainment; and user migrations from legacy systems.
GEODS is implemented through the seven core services of the Data Services Architecture -GEOINT (DSA-G): Ingest, Condition, Access, Dissemination, Management, Storage, and Security. GEODS services are clusters of interacting functions. Each service is standalone, but with giver or receiver interactions with other related services per industry best practice for design and implementation.
Skills & Tasks
- Able to follow established processes & checklists
- Understands & applies basic concepts, ability to use more advanced concepts
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing–intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Servant leader who facilitates teams toward their delivery objectives and helps build high performing, self-managing teams
- Provides visibility into progress and impediments
- Supports flexible software and development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts continuously with customers and development team members to gather and refine requirements, ensure effective communication and implementation
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and other technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software, applications, and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Builds quality into the product using test-early, build-small, automated testing and balanced scope to stay on schedule
- Follows a formal design process using formal user input, diagrams, and other accepted design techniques
- Adheres to standards, laws, and established guidelines for development and delivery software, applications and content solutions (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content-rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software, application and content solution documentation to assist with software and application maintenance, enhancement, training and releases
- Provide software process management and configuration management throughout the software development life cycle
- SW development in hybrid cloud environment
- SW development experience with build unclassified, integrate, test and deploy on classified environments on multiple security domains
- SW development experience with integration and deployment of multiple baselines to support internal and Test Organization (IV&V) testing, resolving DRs (Pri 1 and 2) and incorporating fixes in quick and timely manner
- Tools: GitLab, Service +, Git Repositories, JIRA, Confluence
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years’ experience, Associates degree plus 4 years’ experience, or a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a related field
- Over time, able to provide guidance & direction to others
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI clearance
#geods Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under and .
Primary Location:United States-Virginia-Springfield-20362-SPV2
Job Posting:Jul 8, 2022, 4:08:08 PM