Job Summary:We are currently hiring DevOps engineers for our team – you’ll have the opportunity to work on state of the art technology and would be involved in ensuring our AI products are deployed into the cloud.
In Nuance R&D the DevOps is the cornerstone of our SaaS initiative, driving deployment excellence and product quality through a software-defined approach to operations and infrastructure. We are looking for an individual with a passion for both development and infrastructure, who dreams of programmatically controlling the full stack needed to run high quality SaaS products.
You’d be part of an exciting and dynamic team, collaborating with the Nuance Cloud Application Delivery to build out a release pipeline for their products and services. You’ll help to ensure the infrastructure portion of the service stack has an SDLC and that processes and environments force quality and correctness into the delivery cycle prioritizing service Availability, Performance, Capacity, Security and Compliance.
The successful candidate will eventually be expected to take ownership of issues and of the success of your customers and peers in the build and support of this internal PaaS offering.
- Build, deploy and maintain our infrastructure as code on large scale multi-site deployments using Terraform.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines to deploy software in a cloud native platform (Azure, Kubernetes)
- Automate workflows to help pushing the limit of the infrastructure - Troubleshoot issues until root causes are understood on high traffic production systems.
- Implement and enforce best DevOps and security practices.
- Be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of our infrastructure.
- Choose, deploy and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust infrastructure (Monitoring/Deployment/self-healing)
- Automation of business/deployment/validation processes
- Develop/Test/Apply software configuration management.
- Develop/Test/Run Software release procedures/pipelines.
- Interact with users to coordinate infrastructure changes.
- Participate in the testing of functionality, operability, deployment, and performance for application or infrastructure changes.
- Evangelize SDLC processes for infrastructure change.
- Participate in tool authoring, integration and extension via REST or SOAP.
- Drive, define and deploy system monitoring with thresholds and actionable alerts.
- Provide supports for production deployments.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- 5+ Years’ experience in a DevOps role
We are open minded on experience as long as you have some of:
- Knowledge / hands on experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform HCL or Azure ARM
- Knowledge / hands-on experience with Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Understanding Java or other languages
- Basic knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, UDP, VPN, DNS, TLS)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- AKS, LXC, Helm, Prometheus
- CI/CD: GitHub, GitLab, Azure DevOps, Harness, Jenkins
- Monitoring: Grafana, FluentD, ElasticStack, Prometheus, SumoLogic, Azure Analytics
- Database: SQL
- Storage: Blob, Min.io
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries,
bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically
challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our