Job Requisition ID # 22WD59890
Pre- Sales Solution Engineer - Infrastructure, UK/Ireland
If you are passionate about technology, skilled at translating customer business initiatives into technical solutions and workflows and have in-depth Autodesk product and domain knowledge in Infrastructure, you will be a strong candidate for this exciting newly created role.
Focused on the UK and Ireland Infrastructure business you will work with our Autodesk Sales teams and Channel Partners in a pre-sales capacity, using your practical skills, innovative thinking and technical vision.
You will be responsible for managing technical aspects of our pre-sales conversations with customers to provide solutions to meet customer business initiatives and earn status as a trusted advisor and technical thought leader.
We would particularly appreciate applications from women candidates as part of our company aim to increase diversity.
Role ProfileWe are actively looking for new and fresh views and those that seek out the unconventional and embrace the ideas that change the way things are done. A diverse workforce creates innovative products, solutions, and experiences for our customers, so we proactively work to ensure that the Autodesk team reflects the world we live in. If you have a growth mindset, with experience and passion in helping customers improve their business processes with technical solutions, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Advise customers based on in-depth understanding of their business processes and knowledge of our technology and solution portfolio, primarily Infrastructure design.
- Aligns with key customer stakeholders to help secure technical closure of the proposed solutions.
- Delivers technical demonstrations and presentations, responds to commercial proposals, assesses feasibility, and suitability of proposed solutions.
- Maintains a comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of the current technologies of her/his/their domain (Infrastructure) and insight into the industry best practices, business processes, and offerings.
- Delivers technical discovery sessions with customers to define most efficient use of Autodesk solutions.
- Develops technical content / sales presentations for use in presales activities and for sales automation content libraries.
- Collaborates with Account and Territory Teams including Mid-Market Account Sales Executives, Strategic Territory Sales Representatives, Territory Sales Representatives, Product Specialists, Customer Success teams, and Partner sales teams.
- Drives the relationship with Technical Sales in Channel Partners to upskill and support business when appropriate.
- Provides feedback to product development teams and provides sub-industry level input to the yearly planning process.
- Provides product demonstrations and workflow presentations at customer facing events, both in person and webinars.
- Conducts professional product presentations and demonstrations in large forums that are Autodesk sponsored in order to generate sales and meet revenue objectives.
- Evangelises Autodesk Infrastructure solutions through social media to build their industry profile and be respected as a Technical Thought Leader.
- Technical knowledge of using the following applications: Civil 3D, Infraworks, BIM 360 portfolio.
- Good understanding of BIM for Infrastructure workflow processes and Infrastructure Design workflows
- Must be willing to continuously learn and develop knowledge of Autodesk’s expanding portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team of technical personnel, marketing/sales people, and project managers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including group facilitation
- Able to travel across UK/I, Northern Europe & US in addition to other global locations as required
- Energetic, dynamic and enthusiastic personality, a self-starter with initiative, willing to engage with all levels of a customer with a growth mindset.