Do you want to make a deep dive into the Nordic Power markets? Do you want to develop tools and make analyses that will have a direct impact? Well, look no more as we offer a unique opportunity for the right person to gain valuable and unique hands-on experience from one of the fastest-growing organizations within Energy Trading - InCommodities
What to expect
As a Student Analyst in the Forward Power Trading team, you get to work at the forefront of the European energy markets, more specifically in the Nordic markets. You will be working together with a group of analysts in the team and have good sparring partners in both the Traders as well as the Analysts.
You will support the team in the development of various tools, and models while at the same time maintaining the current. One of the key roles in this position is also to support the development of forecasting models and quantifying weather data and analyzing the effect on the market. Moreover, we offer you the opportunity to work closely together with our various teams within Quantitative Solutions as well as Software Development to learn from the best.
You get to work with some of the most skilled and experienced power traders in Europe and you will get a chance to apply your academic skills from a business perspective, where the tools you develop and the analyses you make will have a direct impact on the business.
In this role, you will have plenty of opportunities for both professional and personal development. You will have a high degree of autonomy - one of our cornerstones in the organization. We offer you highly skilled colleagues to learn from and develop the tools with. We will provide sparring and support in all areas to help you reach your full potential in this role.
- Develop and maintain tools
- Develop trading strategies with the team by quantifying data
- Quantify weather data and investigate the effect on the market
- Maintain existing data flows and develop new ones as needed particularly related to valuations, forward curves, and price data
- Day-to-day operation and maintenance of models in production including website applications, SQL connection, scheduling etc.
Qualifications – we imagine that you:
- Are currently studying a Bachelors (on 5th semester or later) or a Master’s in Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar
- Have strong abilities in mathematics and statistics
- Have strong programming skills within R and/or Python
- Are structured and systematic in your work approach
- Have a strong business acumen and commercial mind-set
- Have a can-do attitude and see value in both small-scale and large-scale projects and tasks
- Are fluent in English – written and oral
Personal skills – we expect that you:
- Are detail-oriented and quality-conscious
- Have a curious mindset and constantly seek to improve the existing
- Have strong communication skills and feel confident in sharing your opinion and knowledge
- Are a team-player who will do what is best for the team and InCommodities
What you can expect from us:
- A steep learning curve and the ability to use theoretical knowledge in real life
- A lot of responsibility and support
- Exceptional colleagues who are bold, honest, ambitious, and the smartest in their field
- A unique company culture where we live up to our values: Honesty, Transparency, and Rethink and where you don't have to abide by a dress code or a strict hierarchy, so you won't be frustrated with too many rules, policies, or bureaucratic processes
- A bunch of great events - both in the teams and in the entire organization
- The opportunity to develop both professionally and personally
We value a strong social culture with a high frequency of employee events outside the office. We want to win and be the best in class – therefore, you'll be surrounded by like-minded people who are bold, honest, ambitious, and the smartest in their field, and who root for one another, as we value a genuine sense of team spirit. To help each other grow, we use honest and constructive feedback and sparring within and across teams. Personality and cultural fit are important to us because we want you to be happy here. The work culture is relaxed; you don't have to abide by a dress code or a strict hierarchy, so you won't be frustrated with too many rules, policies, or bureaucratic processes.
In other words, InCommodities is not your average workplace – we are awesome.
Start date: as soon as possible
We will screen candidates on an ongoing basis and conduct interviews during august – so don’t hesitate to apply if you are interested.
Any questions please reach out to:
Lars Gjelstrup - Senior Trader Nordic Power
Application deadline: 18. November 2022