CONTEXT AND ROLE :
More than 90% of world trade is carried by sea. Every day, we transport huge quantities of goods on more than 200 shipping routes.
At the center of the shipping line, the cargo flow officer ensures that our customers' goods are transported to the four corners of the world.
Daily life is rich and intense. CMA CGM provides a privileged playground for all of those who dream of adventure!
Reporting to the Cargo Flow Manager, your mission will be to optimize the loading capacity and available space on board of the vessels of which you are in charge.
As a key coordinator for the Maritime Line, your commitments are:
- Control the load factor of vessels through the analysis of space booking and loading forecasts of coming weeks.
- Anticipate loading rates by implementing specific actions (…) and informing sales representatives, operational agents and teams dedicated to port of call operations of the vessels.
- Give instructions on the loading capacity and available space, data related to the rotation of the line as well as the changes made between Sales department, cargo flow officers of other lines, Operations department and agents.
- Optimize the distribution of available volumes on vessels and monitor the route for goods as well as partners’ loading capacities in agreement with your management and working closely with Sales and Operations.
- Ensure the sharing of load forecasts and verify the load capacity and available space with partners.
- Alert your team in case of over or under-utilisation of CMA CGM load capacities.
- Produce statistics by port of call and by final destination, on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS :
- Postgraduate degree in International Trade, Transport or Logistics
- Ideally a first professional experience in shipping or logistics sector.
- Good communication skills in English (both writing and speaking).
- Good command of IT tools, especially Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills, sense of anticipation, responsiveness and analytical skills will enable you to succeed in your daily tasks.