Are you looking for a job, where you can help make a true difference for millions of people worldwide? A job that will help you hone your career in a listed, world leading hearing healthcare and audio technology group. With tasks that offer a high degree of exposure for top management.
Then we want to invite you to join Demant’s Corporate Communication & Sustainability department at our Danish HQ in Smørum, where we handle internal and external corporate communication, public affairs, and sustainability.
A pivotal part of our corporate communication team
In your new job, you can look forward to working alongside nine great colleagues in the team. We are situated to Demant’s top management, in a low-hierarchical organisation with a constant flow of new development opportunities – personal as well as professional. We promise it will be fun and extremely engaging to go to work.
You will be focusing mainly on “business communication”: Our corporate external communication including press and media relations, PR activities, issues management, social media ownership and public affairs oversight. You will be managing the area of external communication, and – to begin with – there are no people in direct line to manage.
The working days will be very diverse and to a large extent defined by ongoing projects in the Group where you will collaborate closely with our own team of advisors and graphic designers as well as Investor Relations, country managers and representatives from the Group’s multiple company and product brands.
Summed up, you will be focusing on these main areas:
- Support Vice President of Corporate Communication & Sustainability in the development and execution of Group communication strategy
- Build and protect Demant’s brand and reputation towards external stakeholders through PR, media relations, social media activities and public affairs
- Produce and deliver content through various media and coordinate the prioritisation of the organisation’s external communication on various platforms with other communication activities in the team
- Proactive and reactive media handling: Professional, fast and competent handling of media requests
- PR strategy and execution: Pushing and pitching our own stories
- Handle measurement and analysis of communication on various platforms, both our own and our peers
- Develop communication report for the management teams on bigger events such as financial statements, M&A activities, issues etc.
- Support and advice on crisis and issues management
- Maintain and develop the corporate website demant.com and liaise with our suppliers in distribution systems and webparts
- Develop and execute Demant’s social media strategy as well as acting as editor for certain channels and pages
- Support public affairs activities reactively, keeping up to date with relevant political changes that has potential impact on the company
Examples of other deliverables
- Train and support the company’s spokespersons; develop speaking notes, statements and plan QA-sessions
- Contact person on website – and handling the incoming media requests
- Write press releases, news stories for website, editorials and the like
Large professional toolbox and a can-do-attitude
We want you to bring your original ideas to the organisation with a proactive and engaged mindset and a can-do attitude. Your confidence in your skills is reflected in your deliverables. You like to stay updated on the latest developments and trends, to conceive new ideas within your field of expertise and to share your knowledge and thoughts with the organisation. You have confidence in yourself and trust in others, and you are a genuine team player.
In order to be a good fit, we expect you to have a Master’s degree from a university in Communication, PR, Business Studies, Journalism or related fields. It is crucial that you have practical experience working with corporate communication in a medium or large seized company or at an agency. Off course you are fluent in English, and we need you to be able to familiarise yourself with Danish.
Want to join our team?
Then apply today using the recruitment system. Deadline is 14 February, but we will be interviewing and hiring as soon as the right person has been found. In case you have any questions, feel free to contact VP Corporate Communications & Sustainability, Trine Kromann-Mikkelsen on +45 23 968 968.
Demant is a world-leading hearing healthcare and technology group built on a heritage of care, health and innovation since 1904. The Group offers innovative technologies, solutions and know-how to help improve people’s health and hearing. In every aspect, from hearing care, hearing aids and hearing implants to diagnostic equipment and services and audio solutions, Demant is active and engaged through multiple brands e.g. Oticon, Audika, Interacoustics and EPOS. Headquartered in Denmark, the Group employs around 20,000 people globally, generate annual revenue of DKK 20 billion and is present with solutions in 130 countries where we create life-changing hearing health. William Demant Foundation holds the majority of shares in Demant A/S, which is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen as a blue chip stock.