Financial Products, with its numerous locations worldwide, provides its clients advice on financial investments. We focus on the engineering and distribution of structured products.
Structured Notes are a key part of the offering of the Investment Banking division, which encompasses the pricing, issuing, trading, market-making and the life cycle management. Vontobel has achieved a leading position as issuer of Structured Notes in Europe and follows a strategic international growth initiative.
Application Development is part of the Business Unit Financial Products and develops and operates the underlying technology platform globally.
In order to develop technologically focused, we offer the GTP program in the following specializations:
Program modules «Trading IT»:
- Structured Products Issuing Services / Integration Services (Sell-Side, Buy-Side, Data Integration)
- Risk Management- and Trading Systems
- Quant Group Equity / Fixed Income
Program modules «Web Development and Data Integration»:
- Web Applications
- Data Architecture & Integration
- Other modules to be agreed based on candate profile
- Bachelor or Master's degree in IT, business IT, mathematics, physics or similar
- Dedicated for graduate functions, preferably with little relevant practical experience
- Hands-on programming experience (C#, .NET, Python, C++, F#)
- Keen interest or qualification in financial markets and financial products
- Analytical and structured thinking
- Pro-active attitude, team player, able to work under pressure
- Willing to complete additional training courses
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Good MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel
- CH or EU citizen
Insights from our graduate
- Industrial Engineering (B.Sc.), Finance (M.Sc.) and Business IT (M.Sc.) from TU Darmstadt and Goethe University Frankfurt
- Started as a trainee in the 2016 GTP class in the financial products engineering & development unit
- Loves to explore new things, from traveling to DJing to sailing and yet-to-be-seen things
What convinced you about this program?
The people and the entrepreneurial spirit. Early on I noticed that you are given a lot of responsibility right from the get-go. Vontobel is a place where you are not only given the opportunity but are expected to live up to your full potential. At the same time, there’s so much great talent at Vontobel, so help is always around the corner when you need it.
What has been your personal highlight in your program so far?
There have been so many interesting tasks that it wouldn’t do justice to the GTP to point out only one single project. Instead, the true highlight for me were the people. From your teammates up to the very senior management, everybody is extremely open and approachable. At Vontobel there’s no “I” but only “We”.
What is your advice for anyone interested in this GTP?
Do your research and get to meet the people. Be proactive and eager to learn. Find your niche!
Apply via the "Apply now" button below.