Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders. As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of the Power Grids (PG) Business and High Voltage Products (BU) Business Line, based in Beijing.
ABB is World’s No.1 in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
You will drive the development of strategic technology in BU Function Technology Product Group/ High Voltage Products Business Line/ Power Grids Business at ABB’s corporate research center in Beijing /China country/NAS region. You will help solve engineering challenges through rigorous research and innovation.
- Make mechanical design of High Voltage Switchgear with high reliability and cost efficiency.
- Closely communicate/cooperate with oversea R&D engineers and engineers from factories.
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Perform or check mechanical and dielectric simulation/calculation.
- Conduct design review including DFMA/FMEA.
- Type test for related product.
- Prepare the documentations for design output (specs, instructions, manual, etc.).
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, major in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Design.
- Rich experience in mechanical design and oversea experience is a plus.
- Good skills with CAD tools, high voltage switchgear related experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Self-motivated, innovative, structured and systematic thinking.
- Strong result-driven, high quality and high speed player and ability to communicate effectively in English with internal and external stakeholders, including academic communities.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products.
As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.