Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees and $34 billion revenue. In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Division and HVDC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids division’s Power Up transformation program.
The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid division. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Preparation of Electrical and Gas SLD, Plan and Section drawings based on various offer / tender and customer specifications.
- Preparation of technical particulars of GIS and HV equipment such as Breakers, disconnectors, GIB etc. for submission to customer.
- Review of deliverables before submission to LPG/Client.
- Preparation of technical documents for procurement of current transformers and voltage transformers.
- Participate in customer meetings as required. Active participation in project review meeting.
- Active project contribution to reduce the lead time and cost of the offered GIS solution by developing solution as per project technical requirements.
- Adhere to the detailed project plan to meet OTD.
- To ensure quality of deliverable as top priority.
- To focus on optimized solutions with benefit to customer and ABB.
- Interface with civil, steel and application engineers on systems / solutions part from ABB / EPC companies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Hand on experience in 3D tools like ProE / CREO, AUTOCAD, MS Office.
- Knowledge of relevant international standards such as IEC / ANSI.
- Knowledge of high voltage GIS products.
- Bachelor degree / 3 years Diploma in electrical engineering with 5 -7 years of experience.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products.
As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees.