When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
Daimler Trucks North America is the market leader and thrives as the voice of the trucking industry. We are compelled to persistently push the envelope as we sharpen our focus on electric mobility (eMobility) and develop vehicles that lead the market. DTNA has created a startup team to bring our vision to reality. This team exudes creativity, energy, innovation, and passion. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to be on the forefront of eMobility, you are meant for this team. You will push the industry standards of electric vehicles to the next level. This is your chance to join us as we define the next chapter of the trucking industry. We can’t wait to hear from you!
In this position, you support the eMobility Group with expertise to ensure safe and optimal operation of the electric vehicle manufacturing facility and infrastructure. This is an emerging, exciting technology, and the right person will drive DTNA’s success by helping our department, customers and network adopt the new vehicles into their operations.
- Coordinate all necessary facility and infrastructure updates required for the implementation of our Electric Vehicle in the Manufacturing Plant and eCenter
- Gather and review data concerning facility and/or equipment specifications required for the Electric Vehicle and develop management control systems that will reduce costs.
- Complete understanding of Preventative Maintenance and application of modern tools to identify wear / prevent downtimes.
- Coordinate implementation of TOS+ (Truck Operating System) in the Maintenance Department based on TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance).
- Work with plant personnel, other manufacturing engineers and suppliers to ensure the required equipment training and maintenance are correctly instated into TPM
- Manage Financial Budgets for the project.
- Coordinate bidding process for Engineering and Contractor selections
- Familiarity with architectural designs, regulations and building codes, construction/project management principles
- Provide and maintain project schedules
- Apply project management skills while working closely with the plants, application developers and contractors to coordinate projects to their completion.
- Develop & adapt high voltage safety training curriculum, work instructions, checklists, & other high voltage safety documents with guidance from Chief Electric Specialist in Charge for the Manufacturing Plants and eCenter.
- Coordinate development of HV safety actions/protocols.
- Broaden your expertise outside of your immediate responsibilities & become an expert in e-Mobility topics.
- US and international travel required (≈15%)
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Construction or related technical Engineering field from an accredited university/college with 3+ years of related experience required
An attached resume is required
- Solution oriented, excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to accomplish tasks with the highest standards of ethics while having a proven track record of developing strong working relationships with fellow employees required.
- Related experience in TOS, Lean or equivalent required
- High level of Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- High level of presentation skills required
- Knowledge of Total Preventative Maintenance procedures required
- Familiarity with architectural designs, regulations and building codes, construction/project management principles required.
- Knowledge of vehicle manufacturing processes preferred.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, especially cross-functional collaboration preferred.
- Experience with identifying and solving the root cause of complex problems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and ongoing change required.
- Ability to lead medium- to large-sized projects required.
- Proven ability to translate business needs into technical requirements required.
- Languages: English (fluent); additional language(s) appreciated
- US and International Travel required
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design