Date Posted: 2019-07-03-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HNC31: US095-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for an experienced Electrical and Electronics Engineering professional, working independently. Performs engineering work and applied research, coordinates activities involving the design and development of electronic equipment and devices, and prepares engineering sketches and product information documentation.
- Coordinates and facilitates the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices, ensuing work is completed on time and established quality and budgets are achieved.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems and networks to ensure that business objectives and required specifications are met.
- Prepares engineering sketches or specifications to construct, relocate, or install equipment, facilities, products, or systems.
- Prepares documentation including confidential descriptions or specifications of proprietary hardware or software, information on product development, introduction schedules, product costs, and performance weaknesses to track progress and analyze performance.
- Performs engineering work and applied research, development, and design of new products to ensure quality standards and business objectives are met.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
- Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
- Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
- Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
LabView experience required
Experience with hardware and software
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.