Date Posted: 2019-07-01-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
If so, we want to hear from you. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager of Commodity Management and Sourcing in E. Hartford, CT. that will function in direct support of the Associate Director of Raw Materials (Forgings, Castings, Mill Products) Strategy, ensure that all operations and commodity specific objectives are met.
- You will focus on developing positive relationship with suppliers, peers, and internal management and customers, which will culminate in the establishment of Long Term Procurement Agreements (LTA's), and other initiatives all of which will contribute to company goals.
- Emphasis on collecting and analyzing data in preparation for LTA negotiations, and managing cost reduction initiatives, including engineering, low cost sourcing.
- You will develop and implement creative strategies that effectively leverage the commodity's volume to secure cost and capacity advantage.
- Responsible for supplier contract negotiation engagement and support.
- Lead and organize activities between suppliers and P&W Program and Technical Employees. This includes attending supplier meetings with technical and program teams that involve tactical transition or production start up discussions.
- Coordinate between suppliers and technical teams to support and lead supplier cost reduction activities.
- Work closely with PW Transitions team to manage supplier transitions.
- Responsible for achieving commodity cost reduction goals through negotiated cost reduction or teaming with Engineering for technical change cost solutions.
- Responsible for active support & supplier dedication to meeting Supplier Gold program criteria
- Responsible for support of Supply Management tactical issues when assistance is requested.
- Responsible for financial analysis and coordinating with Finance for all cost activity in support of monthly Purchasing Operations Review (POR) meetings with Senior Executive Management.
- Responsible for development of slide deck, and presentation of, annual Strategic Sourcing Review Board (SSRB) to PW Senior Management.
- Assist Account Managers for scheduling, arranging, hosting, and presenting at quarterly forecast reviews with key suppliers to insure sufficient capacity is secured to achieve 100% on time delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Advanced Degree preferred
- 7+years experience in Supply Chain, Operations, or Business
- Bachelor's Degree
- US Citizenship required due to Government Contracts
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Operations
- Advanced Degree
- Strong SAP
- Advanced Negotiation skills
- bility to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communications
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
EEOC statementUnited Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.