Job Description - Principal Engineer (19WD34416)
Principal Engineer19WD34416Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA- United States
Job ID: 19WD34416
Position OverviewAutodesk products are switching from perpetual licenses to subscriptions. We used to offer licenses that never expired. We now sell subscriptions where customers buy the rights to use the software for a given time period.
The team critical to this business transformation is looking for a Principal Software Engineer. You will design REST APIs, improve existing Order UIs and the backend platform. You will work with architects, developers and operations teams. You will advance the platform for subscriptions, order processing, and payment.
- Design, code, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality and operational needs
- Build high quality code following unit testing and test driven development
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices
- Collaborate with peer organizations, dev ops, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved
- Work with team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems
- Focus on scalability, security and availability of all applications and processes
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software
- Contribute to risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Contribute to technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years hands-on experience developing scalable, customer facing web and software applications
- Strong hands-on experience working with Angular, Node, React or similar web frameworks
- You have a deep understanding of object-oriented design and at least one modern backend framework
- You write clean, testable and effective code
- Practical experience building RESTful web services
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.