Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Neurosciences- Brain Rescue Unit Zayed 12WThe Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MDJoin the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
All new graduate nurses are automatically enrolled in the yearlong Adult or Pediatric Nurse Residency Program (NRP) to facilitate the successful transition to professional nursing practice.
Candidate qualifications for a Registered Nurse 1 position:
- No RN work experience required
- Bachelors or Masters degree, in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing, strongly preferred.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will shortly be enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program. See note below *
- An active Maryland State or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- Per JHH Nursing Policy: If you do not currently possess a BSN or MSN degree, by accepting this offer of employment, you certify your understanding of the following: (a) the requirement to provide proof of BSN or MSN degree program acceptance to your hiring manager within your first year of hire; (B) the requirement to complete the BSN or MSN degree program no later than five years from program enrollment; and (c) the requirement to make steady progress toward completing the program by taking a minimum of nine credits within 12 months of initial enrollment and each year thereafter.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.