When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
Design engineer who is responsible for the development, design, and integration of chassis platform systems into industry leading heavy duty specialty vehicles. Chassis Platform includes, but not limited to, axles and suspensions, steering, fuel systems, and frame structure.
- Support the development and design of complex vehicle components and systems from concept through production.
- Collaborate with engineering personnel to design reliable, serviceable, safe, and economic products to be used in heavy duty specialty vehicle markets.
- Utilize engineering modeling and drawing software to develop, integrate, and release new product for the heavy duty specialty vehicle markets
- Apply statistical and engineering analysis techniques for design and testing.
- Collaborate with Test & Development personnel to analyze problems encountered in prototype development & testing. Provide creative, technically feasible solutions.
- Interface with product regulation and compliance personnel to design vehicles that meet government regulations, restrictions, and codes.
- Assist service personnel to provide effective, reliable, and safe solutions to enhance the customer experience with FCCC products.
- Interface and coordinate with purchasing, vendors, BOM, manufacturing and other engineering personnel in the product development and testing phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college required
- An attached resume is required
- Degree focus in Mechanical Engineering with vehicle focus or related field required
- Ability to work on multiple projects required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities required
- Class B CDL preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design