Job ID 292796BR
Position Title Medical Science Liaison (Vision Care Dry Eye Ocular Health) REMOTE
Job DescriptionThe territory for this role will cover the US and Canada. Candidate ideally located in Midwest or Texas.
The Vision Care/Dry Eye and Ocular Health Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based member of the North America Clinical Development and Medical Affairs team. MSLs serve as a strategic link between Alcon and our Scientific Partners as they are expected to develop and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with Eye Care Professionals (ECPs) /Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the fields of Optometry and Ophthalmology. The MSLs strategically support the development and appropriate use/adoption of Alcon products and therapies through evidence-based scientific exchange and by seeking external insights to further inform and shape company’s understanding of the products, therapeutic areas, and clinical practice. They also provide support for doctors interested in participating in investigator-initiated research by guiding them through the concept endorsement, synopsis review, and unrestricted grant approval process. Additionally, the MSLs provide general medical/healthcare information in given therapeutic area(s) to practitioners and internal Alcon associates. MSLs also respond to queries and unsolicited requests for medical information from doctors submitted to Medical Product Information and Complaint Handling and escalated to the MSL team.
- Medical support, clinical study support (primarily serving as a resource for the IIT process) & KOL Relationship Development.
- Develop a strong understanding of the future needs of ophthalmic surgeons and support medical education in alignment with Alcon strategy.
- Liaise and provide up-to-date medical support to healthcare associations to ensure evidence based understanding of Alcon products relative to medical guidelines and medical evidence/health economic information.
- Provide non-promotional speaker assets to HCPs to support education to the healthcare community about approved and commercialized products.
- Identify national, regional, and local KOLs and develop peer-to-peer scientific relationships with KOLs and decision makers to expand scientific partnership opportunities and to gain their advocacy.
- Assure thoughtful and informed exchange of current medical information and data related to Alcon products and selected areas of therapeutic interest with KOLs.
- Successful introductions to the IIT process
- Efficient management of IIT process (concept submission, synopsis submission/support, pace of study execution, share of voice/publication plan development)
- Effective preparation of KOLs for major Optometric and Ophthalmic meetings
- Accuracy of KOL tiering
- Effectiveness of KOL development
- Support of internal functions
- Elevated medical information questions
- IME support
- Advisory Boards
- New product launches
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you’d like to view a copy of the Alcon’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO StatementAlcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school+15 yrs; Assoc.+14 yrs; M.S.+7 yrs; PhD+6 yrs)
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
- 7 Years of Relevant Experience
- OD, MD (Ophthalmology), DO (Ophthalmology), or other equivalent medical or bio- scientific degree required
- 10 Years of Relevant Experience, Travel 50-70%
Business Unit NON-NVS AL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Site Fort Worth, TX
Company/Legal Entity Alcon Vision, LLC.
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No