Europe & The Middle East
Corporate development & finance, Innovation & product development, Risk management, Strategy
Who We AreBoston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area ProfileBCG’s Insurance Practice serves four industry sectors:  Life insurance,  Property & Casualty,  Commercial & Reinsurance and  Health, as well as Insurance brokerage firms. The practice works on the full range of issues of concern to top management, from strategy to operating model redesign,  digital transformation, cost, process improvement,  risk management strategy, asset management, product development, customer focus, and sales force effectiveness. We have a strong global network and "on-the-ground" experience in all major markets. The Global Practice currently comprises over 200 senior staff and works in Europe, Middle East, the Americas, and Asia Pacific, with a total of 44 insurance active offices worldwide. Our client base is the world’s leading global and regional insurance and reinsurance companies and investment and wealth managers. The members of the Insurance Team combine relevant regulatory, technical and analytical know-how with the BCG core competencies: planning, steering and strategy for top management. We help companies identify and develop growth opportunities that reshape the future of the Insurance industry. We discover new avenues for value creation and provide process support during times of business transformation. All of our work is underpinned by the tracking of megatrends in the industry and the publication of thought leadership. -  https://www.bcg.com/industries/insurance/publications.aspx References Visible links 1. https://www.bcg.com/industries/insurance/life-insurance.aspx 2. https://www.bcg.com/industries/insurance/property-casualty-insurance.aspx 3. https://www.bcg.com/industries/insurance/commercial-insurance-reinsurance.aspx 4. https://www.bcg.com/industries/health-care-payers-providers/default.aspx 5. https://www.bcg.com/industries/insurance/digital.aspx 6. https://www.bcg.com/industries/insurance/risk-management-insurance-industry.aspx 7. https://www.bcg.com/industries/insurance/publications.aspx
What You'll DoThe Insurance practice is one of BCG’s fastest growing practices and serves four industry sectors: Life Insurance, Property & Casualty, Commercial & Reinsurance and Health, as well as Insurance brokerage firms. The members of the Insurance Team combine relevant regulatory, technical, and analytical know-how with the BCG core competencies: planning, steering, and strategy for top management. We help companies identify and develop growth opportunities that reshape the future of the Insurance industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As an Insurance Benchmarking Specialist you will support the BCG Insurance Consulting Team and Clients by providing expertise and unique market insights regarding insurance-related topics through conducting research, market analysis, conducting benchmarking studies as well as developing cutting-edge analytical tools and market intelligence. You will work on with top industry leaders and be a part of the strongest Insurance team in Poland. A unique part of this role is fast growth supported by additional trainings and courses and potential career development in consulting team.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Providing review / updates on recent market trends and developments
- Conducting annual BCG Insurance Benchmarking Study and Client Research Study
- Supporting insurance consulting teams in their day to day work with clients
- Running market analyses and drawing conclusions on a range of external and internal issues regarding the Insurance Studies
- Developing advance market intelligence (e.g. market models)
- Keeping internal databases linked to Insurance market up-to-date
- Providing synthesis and updates to the Insurance Team / Leadership
- Creating training materials in the topic area and development of specialized topic knowledge
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS)
- University/master's degree (or final-year student) with strong academic achievements
- About 1-2 years of experience in Insurance or Banking sector (including internships, also from consulting / research roles)
- Advanced Excel skills (modeling and other analytical tools such as Alteryx would be a high advantage)
- Proven analytical skills, experience in market research would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with all levels of seniority
- Organization and prioritization skills, initiative, and ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.