Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi
Who We AreBoston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area ProfileBCG’s Financial Institutions Practice Area (FIPA) aims to be the consultant of choice for leaders in the financial industry. We seek to achieve that goal by helping clients find their way amid the ever-evolving, ever-shifting competitive landscape. By focusing on the fundamental economics of their businesses and the underlying needs of their customers, we help banks, brokerages, asset managers and other financial- services organizations rethink their strategic assumptions, identify winning business propositions, and seize new opportunities in the expanding digital environment.
What You'll DoA Project Leader has responsibility for the delivery of consulting projects, leading small but high impact work to drive impact for our clients. Project Leaders are typically aligned to one or two Industry or Functional Practice Areas (though may also lead projects outside these Practice Areas on occasion)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leading the day-to-day execution of consulting projects and ensuring successful delivery of client requirements within the scope of the engagement; including:
- Owning the project planning and process management, and communicating progress to clients and BCG leadership
- Driving development of the content, either directly or by providing guidance to the consulting team (for example, by sharing ideas, frameworks or providing input on research and analysis)
- Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis
- Managing project scope and maintaining an acceptable pace of work
- Actively managing multiple client and stakeholder relationships and networking within the client organisation in order to understand their needs and help to influence the client agenda
- Leading senior client presentations and meetings
- Providing apprenticeship and coaching to junior consultants to help develop their consulting skills, including sharing knowledge and experience, giving frequent feedback and creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow
- Supporting and contributing to other BCG projects, for example by sharing expertise or best practices
- Contributing to the development of intellectual property within the Practice Area(s), including improving methodologies, tools, techniques and developing new ideas and approaches
- Contributing to business development efforts, including preparation of proposal documents and attending pitch presentations
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- At least 8 years of work experience in tier 1 & 2 consulting firms,
- Extensive experience in financial sector consulting space wherein he/she will be handling large banking transformation projects
- Preference: Leadership consulting experience and also should be a tenured manager in his/her current role
- Strong academics from a top-tier institution
- An MBA is desirable but not essential
- Analytical and structured
- Advanced quantitative analysis
- Solid business acumen and commercial capabilities
- Problem solving – able to take a creative and an hypothesis driven approach in order to solve complex problems
- Willingness to travel internationally and to work remotely on client sites
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (Other languages would also be desirable, but not essential)
- Flexible, curious and creative, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Independent and autonomous judgment
- Team player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamic
- Intercultural competence and experience of working in more than one country and/or multi-cultural teams
- Driven, hard-working, entrepreneurial, proactive and productive
- Highest ethical standards
All applicants must complete an online application to be considered:
In addition, in your cover letter, please specify where you saw the job posting.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.