Berlin, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Vienna
Europe & The Middle East
Technology & digital
Automotive & Mobility, Consumer products, Energy & environment, Engineered products & infrastructure, Health care payers & providers, Insurance, Media & entertainment, Medical devices & technology, Technology industries, Telecommunications
Who We AreBoston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
BCG has a long history of driving growth by embracing innovation and new ways of thinking. Through DigitalBCG, we bring together a diverse mix of consultants and digital specialists to ensure that we are supporting our clients throughout their digital transformation journeys. We work with our clients to fully understand the impact of digital on their business and set priorities that will transform their vision into value. Whether it be developing new technologies to support their core business, making better use of their data, or pursuing entirely new sources of revenue, our aim is to achieve radical improvements in productivity, flexibility, and speed. We are innovating how our clients are using artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, internet of things, personalization, blockchain technologies, and more to gain competitive advantage.
DigitalBCG encompasses a broad set of data, digital, and technology capabilities from BCG consulting teams and practices, along with our business units such as BCG Digital Ventures, BCG Platinion, and BCG GAMMA.
Practice Area ProfileBCG’s Technology Advantage (TA) practice focuses on helping clients deliver competitive advantage and business superior performance through the use of data, technology and digital. TA is the fastest growing practice at BCG and at the heart of the strategic impact we have with our clients. Our consultants and experts globally work across all industries and provide deep experience and expertise across a number of topics including: * Digital Transformation * Data & Digital Platforms * Software & Agile * Digitizing the Tech Function
What You'll Do
What you'll doA Project Leader at BCG is responsible for the delivery of consulting projects, leading highly effective teams of consultants to drive impact for our clients.
As a Project Leader, you will be in charge of managing project teams that design and develop innovative long-term business strategies for client corporations, aimed at maximizing the return on the investment of shareholders. Our Project Leaders are responsible for advising clients on key strategic business issues, producing leading-edge business models, and addressing specific problems and opportunities.
You will direct diverse teams of consulting talents and you will help them to flourish through thought leadership, team mentoring and business development. You will be a point of reference for our clients who will seek your advice on business issues that extend beyond the immediate scope of your project work.
- Leading the day-to-day execution of consulting projects, ensuring the successful delivery of client requirements within the scope of the engagement;
- Act as a key topic content lead for proposals or other business development activities;
- Develop, manage and maintain client relationships;
- Drive the development of content - either directly or by providing guidance to your team;
- Provide apprenticeship and coaching to junior consultants to help them develop their consulting skills, including sharing knowledge and experience, giving frequent feedback and creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow;
- Contribute to the development of intellectual property within your Practice Area of reference, including improving methodologies, tools, techniques and developing new ideas and approaches;
- Define client needs or challenges and direct and supervise research activities to obtain relevant data;
- Execute strategic due diligence, product development studies and the development of change management plans;
- Oversee the analysis of data and the application business principles and industrial organization to the development of feasible recommendations for the profitable growth of client companies;
- Prepare and present oral and written reports of case team findings to client management.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)We’re looking for exceptional talents from either consulting or industry to join us. You would typically:
- Have 8+ years of experience within a leading strategy consulting firm (focused on technology/digital initiatives) or in a tech/ IT role in industry, in a tech start-up leadership role or in a "consulting-like" industry (e.g. digital strategy);
- Have relevant experience related to digital/IT strategy projects, commercial growth initiatives, cost optimization efforts, and digital/IT transformations;
- Have experience in leading teams and managing projects;
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to synthesize the team’s work into recommendations presented to clients, and deliver oral and written reports to the client management;
- Have strong analytical skills, high capabilities of conceptual thinking and the ability to develop leading edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value;
- Have proven ability to manage client engagements, client relationships, and provide “thought leadership” to teams, owning the responsibility for the quality of engagements;
- Have a solid track record of building strong client relationships with large organizations, as well as identifying opportunities to deepen relationships and grow the business;
- Have flexibility, ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel frequently;
- Have an outstanding academic track record from a leading university;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English, in addition to a strong presence, team spirit and leadership skills.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.