Big data & advanced analytics, Technology & digital
Who We AreBoston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area ProfileBCG GAMMA combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA team is comprised of world-class data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
What You'll DoWe’re looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and apply data science methods and analytics to real-world business situations across a variety of industries. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, scrappy, and communicative. You will also get the chance to travel: we have clients in New York, Paris, Stockholm, Peru… Make sure your passport is ready to go!
WHO YOU ARE:
- Are comfortable in a client-facing role with the ambition to lead teams
- Can distill complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations
- Are able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
- Love building things and are comfortable working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively (bonus points if you have a software development or DevOps experience)
- Have significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesize complex data; as well as a deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and are able to translate this into business implications for our clients
- Have strong project management skills
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Recent Master’s Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or other data centric disciplines with relevant internships or up to 5 years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions
- Strong record of extracurricular activity, professional accomplishment, and leadership
- Additional experience in core analytic methods such as predictive modeling, customer segmentation/clustering, network analysis, supply chain optimization, etc.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
- Fluency in English and local office language is required
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.