Europe & The Middle East
Big data & advanced analytics, Change management, Corporate development & finance, Globalization, Growth, Innovation & product development, Lean & manufacturing, M&A and divestitures, Marketing & sales, Operations, People & organization, Postmerger integration, Pricing, Procurement, Risk management, Smart simplicity, Strategy, Sustainability, Technology & digital
Automotive & Mobility, Biopharmaceuticals, Consumer products, Education, Energy & environment, Engineered products & infrastructure, Financial institutions, Health care payers & providers, Insurance, Media & entertainment, Medical devices & technology, Metals & mining, Private equity and principal investment, Process industries & building materials, Public sector, Retail, Social sector, Technology industries, Telecommunications, Transportation, travel & tourism
Who We AreBoston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area ProfileBCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
As an IT Architect, you will work closely with case team members to assess and coach our clients' IT teams, define IT strategies, architecture solutions and apply your technical know-how and understanding of business contexts. As you acquire experience, you will be responsible for owning the delivery for a specific project “module” and help develop technical concepts for that “module”.
As part of our BCG Platinion consulting team, you would work on a variety of technology topics, applying your architectural consulting skills to strategic technology questions.You will be supported by an extensive training curriculum (the same programme as all BCG consultants), plus technology-specific training and mentoring to help you build your skills.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Advising internal colleagues on core technical concepts and frameworks
- Advising fellow architects on areas relevant to an area you have depth in
- Developing a network in the BCG technical community and leveraging it for our clients
Developing & Designing
- Analysing complex IT application landscapes
- Analysing the status quo and optimization of IT architectures
- Identifying non-trivial technology decisions facing a client
- Storytelling about architectural building blocks and their importance
- Roadmapping and business case development
Controlling & Managing
- Reviewing vendor proposals and/or in-flight technical work
- IT project management and quality assurance
- Optimizing application development processes
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- 4years’ experience in software development, technical project management, digital delivery or technology consulting
- Ability to bring unique tech perspectives from outside the consulting industry into BCG's typical engagements, requiring:
vConsulting experience required
vStrategic mindset (hypothesis driven, 80:20 mindset, iterative approach, activist stance)
- Leadership potential to transform the consulting industry in particular around interaction with designers, engineers and POs
vProgressing thought leadership in deep tech
vNew (but proven) methodologies or ways of working
- Overview of common development methods and tools DevOps practices and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to balance dogmatism and pragmatism to guide decision making. Articulate trade-offs and drive high-impact technology decisions on topics including (but not limited to) IaaS/PaaS providers, container orchestration, service mesh, API gateways, and commercial vs. open source software.
- Approaches to managing Architectural debt, Architecture governance and evolution in practice
- Micro services topologies, including operational concerns such as resiliency, observability, discovery and routing, security etc.
- Have experience with, and understand how to lead, legacy integration and remediation (facades, strangler approaches, et. al.)
- Deep understanding of different integration patterns and best practices such as events, synchronous vs. asynchronous
- University degree with above-average academic performance in a mathematical-scientific field, information technology, or business administration
Who You'll Work With
- BCG Managing Directors and Partners (MDP’s)
- PLA Managing Directors (MD’s)
- BCG Consultants at all levels
- PLA Consultants at all levels
- Clients, vendors, partners
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.